Brewing related Youtube channel/Facebook group

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sp0rk

Mayor of Pooptown
Reaction score
Hey y'all.
I'm getting crankier and crankier lately at the amount of facebook and youtube "brewing pros" that offer blatantly wrong and horrible advice as fact, then arc up when they're challenged.
So I'm starting to think I may start a facebook group & youtube channel dedicated to sound brewing facts.
I don't profess to know everything about brewing (and I have posted less than correct info at times), but I'm getting there and hope to undertake formal education in the near future to eventually progress into a career in brewing.
I'm planning on starting at basics and working up to a knowledge level of where I'm currently at, then documenting where I go from there.
All presented in laymans terms (possibly similar to AvE's style), so even ol' uncle Jim-Bob can understand the ins and outs of exactly why things are done the way they are.
I'd like to get interviews/how to's/etc from breweries, industry pros, some of our forum allstars and even newbies who've learned new things who want to share.
I know we have this site (which I believe is the best brewing community on the web), but there are many lazy folk who just like to post a question on a facebook group, expecting instant gratification.

I'm not the most organised person around (Yay for being ADHD-PI), so updates would possibly be a little sporadic, I'm going to try to do a least 1 video per week, even if I'm not brewing

Up front I'll admit I'll possibly monetize Youtube videos at some time if it's doing really well, if not I won't bother
This will mostly be to pay for new ingredients/equipment to use in the videos, and if I'm taking off days from work during the working week, to be able to pay my bills
But I'm not expecting it to ever get this big

This is all still just an idea rumbling around in my head at the moment, it may go no where like a lot of things do...
Just gauging interest to see who many people would be interested in watching/contributing/etc

Do it. At the very least I'll watch it/like your facebook page, but would be happy to get involved in some way, shape or form.

I'd try to keep it ad free as possible, I don't really want to be taking money/products from companies to basically be doing biased advertisements for their products (as nice as free products would be)
However if I eventually monetize the youtube videos, I believe you have to have the generic ads during the videos
I would start a website to avoid all the ads, but I don't want to be competing with AHB, I could never keep up with the quality/quantity of content here

The other option is to do what AvE and many others do, and set up a patreon account for people to donate if they like the content I'm producing, to ensure I can continue to provide it.

It's all a big if, we'll just see how it goes for the first few months if I can manage to get it off the ground

I forgot to say, I'd also be doing videos on the other fermentation activity that dare not speak it's name
All aimed at busting myths on the safety of it

Crankier and crankier.....you aren't the only one but im just crankier all the time. I would like to watch your videos for sure. If the ads have the delayed skip option before the start of vid I don't get bothered by them.

sp0rk said:
Hey y'all.
I'm getting crankier and crankier lately at the amount of facebook and youtube "brewing pros" that offer blatantly wrong and horrible advice as fact, then arc up when they're challenged.
Good luck with it, though there are still a few diamonds to be plucked from the shit pile if you know what to look for. Got my start in AG via the u tubes.

Spend a little time amidst the so called youtube 'fitness community' of self appointed diet gurus and trainers. You''ll be fighting the urge to drag a sled brimming with high powered rifles and ammo up the stairs the nearest bell-tower before you know it.

Dave70 said:
Spend a little time amidst the so called youtube 'fitness community' of self appointed diet gurus and trainers. You''ll be fighting the urge to drag a sled brimming with high powered rifles and ammo up the stairs the nearest bell-tower before you know it.
I spent a fair bit of time watching fitness stuff while I was really into power lifting (Before I fucked my back trailbike riding :( )
The sheer level of stupidity on 90% of "fitness" channels is astounding

ein stein said:
If your channel is as "skookum" as AvE i will definitely subscribe
I plan on it being a real skookum choocher
May even do some videos on wranglin' pixies at some point...

Latest posts

Back