Brewhouse Updates

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a warning if you're planning to head down tomorrow, we will not have any of our beers on tap till at least afternoon, possibly not till Tuesday. and the original range will not be complete for at least a few weeks!

Starting line-up will include:
Brisbane Pale Ale, 4.5% light bodied, with fruity galaxy hops
Midnight Stout, 6.9% stout, chocolatey, bitter and rich
Taffinator bock, 7.2% very rich maltiness

Star lager and the schwarzbier will be on by the weekend!

Just a warning if you're planning to head down tomorrow, we will not have any of our beers on tap till at least afternoon, possibly not till Tuesday. and the original range will not be complete for at least a few weeks!

Starting line-up will include:
Brisbane Pale Ale, 4.5% light bodied, with fruity galaxy hops
Midnight Stout, 6.9% stout, chocolatey, bitter and rich
Taffinator bock, 7.2% very rich maltiness

Star lager and the schwarzbier will be on by the weekend!

Gee mate anyone that rocks up to a pub and isn't happy with a 6.9% stout and 7.2% bock is an IDIOT.

I will be coming there in the week after easter as I have that week off work and wanna make the most of being able to drink heaps on work nights.

I dunno if you guys grow your own hops if they can be used somehow, maybe a Randall or something that's a once a year speciality during hop harvest time. That'd be awesome. Or at least let people pick a fresh flower, put it at the bottom of the pint glass before filling up. Dunno if that'd do anything other than look cool.

I hope they will have pint glasses and not the woosy girly goblet things they make you drink out of at the Platform Bar.

Lol I think ill make my way dwn there for a lunch time pint. Think Ill hitthe bock, maybe the pale ale aftr that.

Heading down tomorrow with SWMBO for lunch, Want to have a look at the Clem and will be using it twice (first and last time :p ) so two birds one stone :)

Will be there tonight after uni.

It's been too long since I've enjoyed a glass of that sweet bock.

I just called Grant, he says our beer will definitely not be on tap today. BPA hopefully tomorrow and the other 2 by Wednesday. Fingers crossed.

I just called Grant, he says our beer will definitely not be on tap today. BPA hopefully tomorrow and the other 2 by Wednesday. Fingers crossed.

pub with no beer :eek:

or will you be selling typical megaswill?

I can confirm this.... :( I just drove from Browns friken Plains to go check it out and the lady there just tells me that its changing hands today, nothing is any different. So i went and had a steak and a coopers at The Morrison, not a complete waste.

I'll leave it till next week then, won't fret too much about the Clem7. However SWMBO is expecting a wee excursion so we'll have lunch at the Geebung RSL instead and pick up Mark^*******'s beer fridge at Nundah. Hmm, XXXX or VB? the choice... the choice.......... :D

Why don't you have XXXX from wooden casks at the brekkie creek bribie?

So no more punk rock shows at the clarence then? Small price to pay I 'spose. Make trips to Heinz better though. Baker (Flour Power at Highgate Hill), Butcher + Brewhouse (Same carpark, that'll save time), Nectar, German Club for another quick one then home. Grocery shopping keeps getting more expensive.....

Why not just keep the punk shows going? A punk gig with microbrew being served would be awesome.

I'm trying to convince them to keep it going, live, original music once a week sure couldn't hurt.

Why don't you have XXXX from wooden casks at the brekkie creek bribie?

And that steak

Yesssssss

F'n genius Mark :party:

First_drop_off_the_wood.jpg

Cool. Didn't miss the beer yet, though nothing wrong with Cooper's Pale. Maybe getting the Little Creatures like you had at the old place will be a possibility? Hoping your beer will be on by the weekend as am thinking of stopping by after my attendance at the Byron Bay Bluesfest.

The BPA tasted really good at the GFWS last November, so am looking forward to a pint of that, schwarz, and a pint of dopplebock as well.

I hope they will have pint glasses and not the woosy girly goblet things they make you drink out of at the Platform Bar.

Ah yes, the 'schmiddy' 330ml for $6.
Hopefully the glassware from the old brewhouse will be available. I liked the dimpled mugs...

Haven't had a steak there for about 12 years, probably gone downhill as many establishments do once they have made a name. We ended up at Northlakes instead and had food court Chinese instead :lol: Actually it was pretty good for food court, had real meat and chicken instead of the rubber stuff.

Edit: the shmiddy - that's $18 a litre and I just bought 1 1/2 litres of Czech Kozel from Dans while I was at Northlakes: $ 9.90. I don't mind paying say $7 or $8 a pint for craft stuff at pubs, but those schmiddies are a bit rude.

Latest posts

Back