Brewhouse Updates

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlphaOne

Reaction score
as a bit of shameless self promotion, our first batch of hefe-weizen is available as of last night!

Tasting very fruity, banana, pear and bubblegum, nice tart grainyness and a spicy hint of cloves.

Roggenbock wont be too far off.
New Bitter is on tap
New Honey wheat is on tap
New lager will be on within the next few days!
New Schwarzbier will be in about 2 weeks
brewing a new pale ale and scottish ale next week
phew, I've been busy!:p

Jeez I've been hanging out for that Roggenbock :D

I feel really bad right now... I think my work chrsitmas party was at the brewhouse.. but they were only going to give us 5 drinks and they wouldnt pay for transport.. so i didnt bother going, now i think that it might of been the wrong choice to make :(

we have a keg of Red Oak IIPA in our coldroom (and a couple of kegs of wild wit), not sure when it will be on tap, standby!

we have a keg of Red Oak IIPA in our coldroom (and a couple of kegs of wild wit), not sure when it will be on tap, standby!
Sounds yummy! :)
Why weren't you serving the Northern Rivers Dark to the public yesterday?

Just bumping this thread, from next weekend I've got 2 weeks off work and planning a beer session in the city with a couple of buddies who live in the inner suburbs. About 6 months ago we planned a microbrewery tour and guess what, it was the Regatta (do they still brew?) and the Brewhouse. Sad because there were four or five just a couple of years ago.

So what's on tap at the B.H. at the moment???

I was there the other day and along with the usual Little Creatures Pale, Toohey's New, Toohey's ED, XXXX Gold, James Squire Golden, and a Red Oak produc, they have their range of Engine Pale, Dogs Bollocks English Bitter, Up Your Kilt Scottish Ale, 4th Reich Schwarzbier, Sunshine Honey-Wheat, and Starlager. The Midnight stout was out. I have taken quite a liking to their Engine...

I was there the other day and along with the usual Little Creatures Pale, Toohey's New, Toohey's ED, XXXX Gold, James Squire Golden, and a Red Oak produc, they have their range of Engine Pale, Dogs Bollocks English Bitter, Up Your Kilt Scottish Ale, 4th Reich Schwarzbier, Sunshine Honey-Wheat, and Starlager. The Midnight stout was out. I have taken quite a liking to their Engine...

The schwarzbeir would be my pick but the Engine APA is damm tasty, the Red Oak was a Wild Wheat last time I was there (interesting stuff).

Yeah, Wild Wheat, thats what the Red Oak was.
For some reason I find I order the Schwarzbier as my last beer....

Planning to visit when I'm up there this Saturday or Sunday. Good to see quite a few different options. What's this Red Oak "Wild Wheat"?
Wild as in fermented with wild yeast?

Imagine my disappointment when having been in meetings with people all day in Brisbane, they all buggered off home at 6 pm.

Imagine my joy when I walked past a sign saying "Brisbane Brewhouse"

Imagine my joy, when I tried the beers

The Engine Pale
Quite a biscuity malt profile, which balances very well against the bitterness. The hop charcter is more tropical than citrus, excellent example of an APA, which actually tastes more like NZ hops than US, although the beer menu says US.

The Up Yer Kilt Scottish
Nice amount of peated smoke, understated caramel malt, nice hop presence, a very well constructed Scottish.

The Midnight Stout
Despite the promised plum and liquorice, the use of dark crystal is restrained, and well balanced with dark malts, and it finishes dry. Jolly nice.

Imagine my disappointment when the 4th Reich Schwartz was out for the night. I just brewed my first schwartz and I would love to taste an interpretation from a brewer as good as this.

Imagine my joy, when the hefe was out, nasty bubble gum wheat beer that it is. Hey Batz?

Imagine my joy, when I received my pork ribs. Crispy on the outside, moist and tender on the inside, with a tasty but not overpowering sauce.

Not a bad night overall, and a commercial brewer with an impressive understanding of balancing a beer. Well done. I'll be back.

GL, you kept this visit quiet...would have been good to get a few guys out to meet you.

cheers ross

GL, you kept this visit quiet...would have been good to get a few guys out to meet you.

cheers ross

Yeah, like I said, got abandoned tonight. Kept a lookout for any recognisable faces but probably the only faces I would recognise would be Ross, Snow and Batz. Will be back and forwards, and will definitely post up when I know I can get away from work for a meetup. Was expecting to be in a project dinner tonight. Will be keen to bring some Schwartz over and try against Brendans if he could just keep a bit on tap.

.....Imagine my disappointment when I get back to the hotel room, and find the mini bar choice is Crown, or Carlton Stella, and even calling down to the restuarant cant rustle up a decent beer. To be honest, after Brendans beers, the Crown and Stella taste identical. If I wasnt already pissed, I would get a cab down the coast and knock on Ross's door for a decent beer.

He,s not called the Guest Lurker for nothing Ross mind you a small notification of visit to the banana state wouldnt have gone astray.

Cheers
Big D

Imagine my delight today when I stopped by the Brewhouse for lunch and found the MT Bitter on tap!

Imagine my delight today when I stopped by the Brewhouse for lunch and found the MT Bitter on tap!
Solid, got a 30th round the corner tomorrow night. Will be making several trips to the brewhouse.

Latest posts

Back