Brewhouse Updates

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy 30th! (I assume you mean birthday)

They had a proper tag on the tap this time! I spotted it several meters away even without my glasses!

Cheers!

I'm thinking of a visit to the Brewhouse this weekend with a couple of mates.

Whats the latest updates?

What's on tap at the moment?

Cheers

I'm thinking of a visit to the Brewhouse this weekend with a couple of mates.

Whats the latest updates?

What's on tap at the moment?

Cheers

Hope you got some of the MT Bitter Jim. They had it today (Aug 19) on that rotating guest tap.
The rest of the tap brews are as of August 19th::
  • Little Creatures Pale
  • Toohey's New
  • Toohey's ED
  • XXXX Gold
  • James Squire Golden
  • Mount Tamborine Bitter
  • Engine Pale
  • Dogs Bollocks English Bitter
  • Up Your Kilt Scottish Ale
  • 4th Reich Schwarzbier
  • Sunshine Honey-Wheat
  • The Taffinator Dopplebock (7.2% ABV)
  • Hefeweizen
  • Midnight Stout
  • Pipsqueak cider
  • Hahn's Super Dry
They would only serve the dopplebock in pots, which at $5 made it a bit steep. It was good, but not good enough to warrant another one in my opinion.

sad news friends.
The Brewhouse has stopped trading as of today.
Unfortunately the long fight for our lease ended yesterday.

The brewery will continue to operate as long as possible. We are attempting to get our beers into a few other pubs, hopefully our bottled lines will be ready for sale in the next few months.

Owners, Grant and Michelle are looking for a new venue, but it may be a long search.

'Tis a sad day for the Brisbane beer scene

Well that truly sucks balls. We're already low on quality beer venues in this town. Had I known this I would have had a few more on Saturday arvo. Best of luck finding a new venue.

Ah sh!t, I was going to make Sunday my first visit there.

That's a real bummer <_<
Move to Kin Kin :beerbang:

Batz

Thats terrible news... so Im guessing the QABC wont be held there next year :D

Good luck with the bottling line and hope to see them available soon.

That indeed does suck. I wasn't expecting all that much when I visted but was happy with all beers I had apart from one.
I guess it's lucky there is the off site brewery - hopefully some pubs will give your beers a go. Best of luck with it.

A sad, sad day :( ....

Wish you guys all the luck in finding new premises.....

cheers Ross

Bugger, that's super disappointing. Hope the search for a new site goes well and you manage to keep the beer flowing.
Enjoyed every beer I tried so it would be a pity not to see them anymore.

Andrew

sad news friends.

The brewery will continue to operate as long as possible. We are attempting to get our beers into a few other pubs, hopefully our bottled lines will be ready for sale in the next few months.

Owners, Grant and Michelle are looking for a new venue, but it may be a long search.

Sorry to hear that Brendon.
I enjoyed your beers and the venue.

Best wishes for the future.

Jimmy

Had a trip planned to Bris for the better halve's birthday next month. Ahe suggested we drop into the Brewhouse and I was looking forward to the trip. What now, any suggestions? Can't help thinking that they knew I was comming.

daniel

Really sorry to hear that news, Brendan. If I'd known that last Saturday, I would have tucked into a few more of your brews before I took off :(

Best of luck finding a new place. What will you be doing for a crust in the meantime?

Cheers - Snow.

Oh crap, that's terrible - a dark day for the Brisbane Beer scene.
I was working on a leave pass for the weekend too :( .
Good luck with a venue guys (hopefully soon)

A tragedy, just a few years ago it looked like we could be getting a good microbrewery scene in Bris, but now it's all gone - hopefully temporarily and please keep us posted as to pubs taking the brews and I for one will patronise as often as possible. Damn.

I know it's cold comfort but at least we still have a couple of oases in the Brisbane beer desert like the Pig n Whistle at Eagle Street with hand pumped Wells Bombardier etc:

http://www.pignwhistle.com.au/EagleStreet/menu/beer.php

Edit: they don't sell XXXX :lol: :lol:

sad news friends.

So they're going to turn that nice old building into yet another retail/office/condo? Figures.
I miss you guys, the Taffinator, and the Engine already. Somehow the Grand Central on Ann, the Pig n Whistle on Eagle, or the Belgian Beer Cafe on Mary just doesn't drive me to go in to the city for lunch and beer. I do hope you find a venue to re-open a brewpub again soon.

Take over the Oasis Club @ Everton Park (at least you'll get Nickb & my custom) ;)

Back