Brewhouse Updates

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you'll find it's the 'O'aces' club Perry.... Comedy gold that...not.

Best thing there is the Tooheys Old in bottles.... oh and the cheap take-away menu :)

Cheers

I think you'll find it's the 'O'aces' club Perry.... Comedy gold that...not.

Best thing there is the Tooheys Old in bottles.... oh and the cheap take-away menu :)

Cheers

Bloody hell you'd think I'd know its name :blink: I'm still annoyed they took the old off tap, so am a rare visitor.

Hehehe, I've only been once, that was enough for me...'specilly as the Old tasted a bit...well...OLD!

Cheers

Nick

thanks guys.

Is the venue ok at oaces? It would rule for me, just around the corner!

The building is up for a heritage listing in january, so the landlord has to get in there and flatten the roof/square off the windows, basically do whatever it takes to make sure it isnt listed. temporarily being turned into offices, then another highrise is my guess.

what about the building near the mater "kellys brewery" have no idea whats inside i just see it when i walk past.. looks like its been closed for a while....

Typical - a great record shop, then a great pub.

Then one bedroom units :(

Brendan,

Good place to check out for a new venue might be where the 2nd Gilhooleys (Downtown) used to be - roughly corner of Elizabeth and Creek St, not sure if it is being used for office space or anything now, but there was a lease sign on it for ages when they left there and I noticed the other day it still looks empty. Probably not as big as the old place though.

Yeah. Sure miss that place, and their beer. On Christmas eve I was doing a bit of shopping and I sat down on the steps of the old place to text the wife. The only reminder left is the little license sign above the doors. :(

The Grand Central is a nice beer bar, but too many times I walked up the stairs through the park to find the doors shut & locked. :( I then end up at Milanos on Queen street with a pint of Little Creatures.

Hopefully the Brewhouse will return somewhere, sometime.

I'm a bad Brisbanite, I don't know much about the CBD these days so I usually end up at the pig and whistle for a pint of kilkenny

Mark lets hit Bris/Valley/Gabba for beers one afternoon til morning.

I'm a bad Brisbanite, I don't know much about the CBD these days so I usually end up at the pig and whistle for a pint of kilkenny

The one on Eagle Street? They had a decent ale on cask the last time I was there... Abbots? But $9.5/pint is a bit steep for me.

kram: for sure

The one on Eagle Street? They had a decent ale on cask the last time I was there... Abbots? But $9.5/pint is a bit steep for me.

Nah on queen street mall, its a pub actually on the mall street, not attached to a building. i like it there for some reason.

The Hilton is right there and its often quicker to take the lift up and use their toilets than to wait in line for the piss covered floor of the pig and whistle!

Elephant and wheelbarrow isn't too bad, Haven't been there for a while, had a couple of pom brews including Wells Bombardier and a German or two last time I was in.

Hmm.... Can't say I care much for the selection at Pig & Whistle Queens St. Liked the Old Speckled Hen when they had it, but the (nitro?) Wells Bombardier doesn't cut it with me. I find myself ordering a pot oc Cooper's Pale if that's where I'm having a beer. My Queen Street preference has moved to Milano across George St where they have Little Creatures Pale on tap. Usually I take the walk up to Ann St to see if the Platform is open first (Love the Alpha Pale Ale). Have to say I haven't visited the Elephant & Wheelbarrow as yet.

Geez been a few years since I was last at E&W. Anyone know what's on draught there at the moment? I'm guessing more than likely just megaswill.

Pig & Whistle on Eagle isn't too bad. I wasn't over the moon with the English ales, as expected the conditioning is a let down. And as Snowdog mentioned a pint of the Green King Abbott ale is a rort. I'm happy with a pint of Cooper's PA or LCBA.

Perhaps we should get an AHB gathering at Platform Bar going soon. Hopefully some new micros will make an appearance in the near future.

Is there a micro-brew / decent pub map of Brisbane anywhere? Or a wiki thingo?

So far i've not heard any positive news about a new pub... I'm currently staying busy cooking again. Keeping my fingers crossed though.

Alpha Pale Ale is pretty good these days, pretty similar hop profile to my old PA, slightly less bitter and malty.

New Brewhouse (or Brisbane Brewing Co.) news! we have finally recieved our liquor licences!
Our old pale ale stock (wich just won silver at the AIBAs*) is currently being served at the Shafston Hotel! go in and ask for it!

will keep you updated!

*not bad for an 8 month old APA! imagine the score a fresh batch would get :eek:

So you're serving up the old Engine at the Shafston Hotel? Woo Hoo!

Back