Brewhouse Updates

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The new Brewhouse will be opening on Monday in Wooloongabba at The Clarence Corner hotel!
Not sure what beers we will have on tap, we haven't brewed up all our stock yet. There is some aged stout and bock that is delicious. Brisbane Pale Ale will probably be making its debut too.
Come in and hassle the staff for your favourites!

When is the welcome back party :party: ?

The new Brewhouse will be opening on Monday in Wooloongabba at The Clarence Corner hotel!
Not sure what beers we will have on tap, we haven't brewed up all our stock yet. There is some aged stout and bock that is delicious. Brisbane Pale Ale will probably be making its debut too.
Come in and hassle the staff for your favourites!

WOO-EFF'n- HOO!

I think the 174/175 bus wil be my friend again! The old Brewhouse it was the 183... but then I wasn't working at the time.

It will be nice to enjoy your beer again for a few months before I leave town.

At the Brisbane Good Food & Wine show, you had bottles of brew. Are they available as well?

WOO-EFF'n- HOO!

I think the 174/175 bus wil be my friend again! The old Brewhouse it was the 183... but then I wasn't working at the time.

It will be nice to enjoy your beer again for a few months before I leave town.

At the Brisbane Good Food & Wine show, you had bottles of brew. Are they available as well?

We will have bottled beer, but not right away and I don't know what products, everything seems to be moving at a snail's pace at the moment.
We're filtering a new and (somewhat) improved pale lager and hopefully there'll be a batch of honey-wheat and APA (engine) brewed next week.
Unfortunately the pale lager and and honey-wheat lager are our biggest sellers and they're priorities. If it were up to me I'd take them off altogether.
Seems likely there'll be more taps for us than at the old Brewhouse, maybe a dozen eventually; so we'll be able to brew more styles.

As for the re-opening party... no idea. Hopefully sometime.

B chan, I really liked your food and the general atmosphere at the old one. At the new one are you only continuing the beer production side of it and then putting that into an existing pub? Or are you guys controlling your own area of the pub?

We heard the news at BABBs last night and a cheer went round the room. :beerbang: What's the best bus to get there from South Brisbane or Central Station? I'll be able to get there ok but will probably need to take an ambulance home. :party:

Edit: yes like Mark said - last night the story was that you had the whole pub, so is it going to be renamed the Brewhouse or is the BH going to be a dedicated bar in the hotel, like the Platform Bar is?

Grant and Michelle have bought the whole pub. We'll be cooking good pub food at a reasonable price. There's a beer garden, a massive verandah and a bottle-shop.

Grant and Michelle have bought the whole pub. We'll be cooking good pub food at a reasonable price. There's a beer garden, a massive verandah and a bottle-shop.

AWESOME. That's incredible. Dare you to grow hops in the beer garden.

I hope that the plasmas showing endless loops of female underwear ads and girly cream pie fights will return. ;)

I guess this need updating then.

A quick look at Translink and its telling me the Mater stop on the busway (111 from King George Square, 120 130 140 150, etc from Queen Street, 174/175 on Adelaide St, etc.) is where to get off, so a walk down Stanley street is in order. It looks like the 116 from the city goes down Annerley St, but the run time ends at 8 something PM.

Up until now I thought having to work in Woolloongabba had little going for it...

But Now

WOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Fantastic news B_chan, been a long time coming so I expect you must be over the moon, I know it broke my heart when you shut the doors so it's great to see another venue opening.

Andrew

As for the re-opening party... no idea. Hopefully sometime.

Just let us know when you've got a reasonable line-up on tap and we'll bring our own par-tay.

What a great idea ! Brilliant. Those who know will know of course.I like that.
Daz
it is a very good idea.... me likey.... have a pint of Brendans finest under the leaves of POR :D

congrats guys, looking forward to a beer there veeeeery soon

Latest posts

Back