Brewhouse Updates

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ROFL.

I don't mind the steaks, they're quite good for Brisbane steaks. Definitely expensive though and having to line up and all that bistro style but still pay that much is a joke... But you pay for atmosphere and that place is great for that.

So did you get the fridge okay bribie?

Yes thanks, picked it up from your Jetsons pad no problems - left 2 bottles at the door as well, US Amber from the comp last week and a UK amber on Admiral and styrians

cheers

going to test it out tonight and if it works ok i'll order a fridgemate from ross. my keyboard has stopped doing capitals, rebooting now :eek:

The current BPA is better than the one we had at the GFWS IMO.
Seems unlikely the punk shows will continue, cover bands will take over Friday and Saturday nights.

Why not just keep the punk shows going? A punk gig with microbrew being served would be awesome.

SECONDED! its almost like ive died and gone to heaven, i started homebrewing the week that the old brewhouse closed, decided "oh what the hell, dinner and a few beers at that brewhouse place would be nice" get there its closed end up next door at the irish pub drinking megaswill eating stoggy rubbish.
there's a bit of a microbrew following in the brisbane punk scene, and shit so long as there are no pokies everyones happy.

there's a bit of a microbrew following in the brisbane punk scene, and shit so long as there are no pokies everyones happy.

And any punks not into microbrew would be easily converted compared to the average punter.

exactly right mark,the jubilee hotel in brisbane now gets and extra delivery of bullmers cider when punkfest runs once a month because punks in brisbane ar sick of drinking tooheys new. and when you point of the whole DIY attitude to homebrewing/microing and the actual cost you'll have more than a few coverts.

edit: contrary to popular opinion punks have "some" taste.

The current BPA is better than the one we had at the GFWS IMO.
Seems unlikely the punk shows will continue, cover bands will take over Friday and Saturday nights.

Yay too good, when do Me First and the Gimme Gimmes start :)

or the go set, for once stillscotish can kick back and listen to someone else play the pipes and have a few beers.

So what are the open hours this holiday weekend? And is there any Brisbane Brewing Beers on tap as yet?

My Brisbane Transport beer tour used to consist of a ride to Queen Street, where I would take the half block walk to the Brewhouse on Albert Street. After it closed it was a somewhat longer walk to either the Platform or the Belgian Beer Cafe, usually with a stop at the Pig in the mall for a Stone & Wood. Then I started stopping at the South Bank busway station on my way in & out for a primer/capper of Alpha at the 5ifth Element. Now I'll be doing the same at the Mater stop... or will just make it to the mater stop... no, I have to support good beer around the city.

We're closed Good Friday, and 10am till late the rest of the weekend. Brisbane Pale Ale is on tap now, Star lager should be on this evening. Hopefully we'll get the other 3 on by the weekend <_<
I'll be working in the bar tonight, so will put some effort into the beers.

Don't forget the German club is only 5 minutes walk from us!

We're closed Good Friday, and 10am till late the rest of the weekend. Brisbane Pale Ale is on tap now, Star lager should be on this evening. Hopefully we'll get the other 3 on by the weekend <_<
I'll be working in the bar tonight, so will put some effort into the beers.

Don't forget the German club is only 5 minutes walk from us!

I'll wait out until next weekend.
Satterdee could be a biggy :party:

I'll wait out until next weekend.
Satterdee could be a biggy :party:

The Chappo's could be convinced to join you and Annie there Winkle?

let me know... :)
HMMMMMMMMMMMM.... I may have to work on saturday buy the looks of it. .............Now I just have to come up with a reason why I have to catch the train to work ;)

HMMMMMMMMMMMM.... I may have to work on saturday buy the looks of it. .............Now I just have to come up with a reason why I have to catch the train to work ;)
Pull the coil wire out and just try and start the car... ;)

The Clarence Corner Brewhouse seems the place to bee next Satterdee! I'll likely be there in the afternoon.

I'll be brewing tomorrow, but will pop my head into the pub in the evening for a few.

Lunch time on the 10th Brendan until late ;) .

Rock out with ya
View attachment 36876
out.

Any other takers other than the Chap Chaps?

Ignoring my last drunken posting.
Any idea of what will be on tap over the weekend Brendan?
Looks like Saturday lunch is a goer.

Thinking of heading there on Saturday night.... be my last Saturday night in Queensland for a while. :)

Leaving Queensland??

And yeah, what Brisbane Brewing beers will be on tap..

Oh, and you need to do something with that Carlton Mid-Strength sign high up on the building. ;)

Latest posts

Back