Breweries in Oregon and Washington

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess we have some OK beer garden/ outdoor drinking style venues with live music and stuff like petting zoos etc ala Ettamogah Pub, but the beer is still mostly just bland megaswill or watered down craft beer owned by megaswills.
I think we still need to educate people palates to more widely accept flavoursome and creative beers and provide a great experience at the same time. Murrays are having a go but not aimed specifically at families. Shawn is making some great beers though.

At Deschutes now having a not the stoic after a tasting brewer's tasting paddle ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1401317575.010952.jpg

Was there last year, ended up stuck just going back to Deschutes each day, couldn't get enough of their food, beers big timber beams and the location meant you conveniently walked near it often although my wife suspects that I was steering us near there on purpose.....

Good coffee at Stumptown Roasters not far away, even offered to make us a flat white when they heard the aussie accent.

Rock Bottom Brewhouse/Pub in Bellevue is a nice place for a feed. I always end up there ;)

Off to Seattle on Monday

Having an equinox ipa at mcmenamins [ attachment=71520:ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1401336855.900229.jpg] tasteeeeee'

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1401336855.900229.jpg

lucky you. I've long wondered what that one tastes like...

I'm sipping on it right now. A nice hoppy aroma toasty malt backbone with a lingering bitterness on the finish. Big beer full of flavour. Not bad for $7us pint. I'm not worthy ( as they say on the bottle)

Yeah folks. Summer is coming. (GoT joke) We too will have Liquorcrafts and BWS's filled with great craft beer within two years. I'm in a craft beer joint and it's filled with Indian folks. Once craft beer spreads beyond the brewers and the hipsters we know we're set. Or at least that's what my St. Bernardus 12 is saying to me... :ph34r:

Not For Horses said:
Probably should check this guy out for mad funk. A mate of mine is going there very soon.

http://www.thealeapothecary.com/
Unfortunately we have left Oregon now heading into Alaska. I only got a chance to get to Bridgeport, Deschutes, Rogue and Mcmenamins Kennedy school. All in all I tried over 20 beers I think, I was pretty pissy by the end of the day.but thoroughly enjoyed my time.

OzPaleAle said:
Good coffee at Stumptown Roasters not far away, even offered to make us a flat white when they heard the aussie accent.
Im just going through my photos from the trip and found this one Oz. It was the best coffee Ive ever had in America ( Beats Starbucks burnt crap) I had the Ethiopean Yirgecheffe.
Stumptown Roasters is awesome! This one was just down from Voodoo Donuts. Tried the Bacon Maple Bar tooDSC_1511 copy copy.jpg
DSC_1516 copy copy.jpg.

Latest posts

Back