Brewer in Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P!N20

Reaction score
Hi all, long time lurker first time poster.

Been home brewing for a few years now, mostly extract with grains, about to jump in to the exciting world of BIAB.

I went from no urns to two urns in quick succession, so planning on using one as my mash tun and the other for the boil.

I made an immersion chiller last weekend so I'm all ready to go. I've got 9m of 1/2" copper tubing left over if anyone is in the market for some, but I'll put that in the trading section - thought I better introduce myself first.

My brewery aka laundry is tiny and the temperature fluctuates dramatically so I'm pretty much limited to winter brewing, which means about this time of year my beer supplies are getting very low! So first up is a stout and maybe an IPA after that as I've never quite nailed one.

Aside from home brewing I'm a keen cyclist and most summers me and a few mates ride out to various regional breweries to sample Victoria's finest. Always great drinking beer from its source.

Rock and/or roll.

P!N20

G'day mate. Welcome to the forums. Cheap and free fridges come through here all the time. Or on Gumtree. Makes life easier about now. How much do you want for the copper as I am keen. Regards dave

^ Yeah I've got a Dome wine fridge that does jack shit in the peak of summer. Still handy for the 'shoulder' seasons, but I'm thinking of ditching it for something a bit more useful.

The copper cost me $99 for 18m, so I was looking for $50 for 9m. But as a one off AHB second post special I can do $40 sans postage or delivery. By the way, I'm in Coburg. Let me know if you're interested.

Cheers.

Hey mate,

Welcome aboard!

I'm in Reservoir (down near the Preston end). I ride as well, although my lovely Cannondale hasn't seen much action lately, unfortunately.
Riding to breweries… that sounds pretty awesome!

We've just started a brew club for inner-northern brewers, Merri Mashers… might be of interest to you?

-Spiesy

^ Yeah, very interested, I was wondering if there was a local brew club.

Nothing like the promise of a cold beer to get you through the last few k's of a long ride.

Latest posts

Back