Brewclub -minors

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funnily enough ( or not) one of the local high schools up my way did a science experiment for the year 12 classes that involved making home brew, a few eyebrows where raised, go figure.

Lucky that didn't make the local news!

Funnily enough ( or not) one of the local high schools up my way did a science experiment for the year 12 classes that involved making home brew, a few eyebrows where raised, go figure.

Yep both of my boys made wine at high school, both were when they were in year 12.

Actually my sister made wine when she was at school too. Maybe its a bundaberg thing! :)

We used to make a great ginger beer in year 10 that we took on excursions. Lots of sugar. Luckily the teachers never wanted a taste !! Maybe that was the start of the slippery slide...

A bit :icon_offtopic:
I had an old Italian Science teacher for year 11 and 12. He let us choose what we wanted to build for our electronics assignment so me and a mate made our own guitar amp! He was an awesome teacher.

To study the process of yeast growth he brought in a shitload of grapes. We squashed them and fermented them. We were allowed to have a sip of the finished product too. It wouldn't happen today...

School was pretty conservative but we had a mobile meth lab on the uni campus.

Yeah theres quite alot of high schools here that actually enter wine comps. I doubt they are allowed to take any home to "ferment"

Like I said before, it will be fine until someone gets killed in an accident after consuming said brew.

THEN the lawyers and SHIT will hit the fan

tnd

School was pretty conservative but we had a mobile meth lab on the uni campus.

Funny having your botany lecturer taking you on a tour of the botanic gardens and pointing out the mesculine cactus and daytura plants.

tnd

May not be a crime to brew it underage....BUT....
You have to be 18 to drink it...
PJ
You are opening a can of worms and need legal aid...

Uni I went to had C. sativa in the 'erbarium, Mon.

Was it me who added it? My name's not "anon" is it now?

plenty of schools around make wine for science/chemistry class, and of late cheese for that matter.

Ekul I'd just go for 18+ to join. That way you can have tasting sessions etc, and everything is above board. The minors can just wait, its a drop in time and your ease of mind.

Just make it clear its 18+ to join.

and If it so happens an over 18 member happens too chuck in for 2 shares of the 200 litres batch and his underage mate just helps out no drama on your behalf.

On a side note good to see your attempting to get people interested in drinking quality product at a younger age.
I wasted many years Ssmashing $1 pots of Carlton Draught and Tooheys NEW when Lion Nathan tried to take over Melbourne.

Were they waste? mmm I can't remember very well...

When I was at Grammar School in the 1960s some guys made a shedload of Nitroglycerine (titrating the Nitric Acid onto the frozen Glycerine as per text book), carried the frozen block out to the playground and when thawed chucked rocks from a safe-ish distance and blew a sizeable crater in the butumen. Didn't make it to the local press. B)

Turning 18 was the safest thing that ever happened to me!
I didnt have to create my own concoctions to get my kicks....dirty rotten trumpet lilly juice + nescafe blend 43.
Ballarat Uni...17 years of age...chaos!

youre occupation shoulnt have anything to do with it. i thought all miners were a hard drinking lot anyway :icon_cheers:

As said should be all fine to brew and get them allo involved but only the +18's can taste the final product. Im a big fan of the notion of a few litres going missing to their underage mates.

I think its a good idea to teach them the art behind brewing. Bring over as many Kn3k's to the darkside as possible!

Ask CB for a little sponsorship. Potential BM customers ;)

May not be a crime to brew it underage....BUT....
You have to be 18 to drink it...
PJ
You are opening a can of worms and need legal aid...
In science we were looking forward to disecting a rat. I mean, REALLY looking forward to it.
Bring in a new teacher who said it was "heartless". Instead, we disected a worm.
I kid you not, a ******* worm. A pin at each end, slit it down the middle, yep, it's a tube.

Back