Brew ruined or not? Temp issue.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manus

Reaction score
So long story short I was keeping my brew in the shed and had the fans etc on timer and some wet towels to keep it cool with the hot weather lately. Unfortunatly had a bit of a break up with the misses and moved out but the brew was left there. Now I know everything was all good temp wise and it was ready for bottling but with everything happening I never got the chance to and was away to sydney for 10 days. Anyway its been ready to bottle for weeks but still in the fermenter but after it was ready for bottling she took away the fans etc from the brew.

Will this have ruined the brew as I am sure it would have exceeded 30degrees though it was after all fermentation was complete and ready to bottle. Not sure if I should spend the whole afternoon cleaning and sanitising a load of bottles to find out in some months time its ruined.

Cheers in advance.

Funny saying that because I have recently just gave up drinking (ironically) and now I need to test it! lol Will it be a very obvious and distinct taste that a brew has been ruined due to temperature?

If its ruined it will taste acidic, vinegary, sour, etc.
If it tastes nice, consider it good :)

No probs thanks for the heads up. So is temperature AS important after fermentation as it is during?

Most important is the early days of fermentation although it is better if you can keep the temp stable during and after as well.

Tasting it here and its not tasting very sour. ITs a canadian blonde but i do get a tint of an after taste. Its just not in your face sour or nothing too obvious for me to tell (newbie brewer)

The 5l of Perry I made tastes absolutly RANK!!!! I know I put too much yeast in but would it have so much of bad effect it would make me near sick tasting it and make me throw it away!>?

Latest posts

Back