Brew Rig Options

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey brewers.

I have set up a youtube account and in the comming months will add a few vids of the brewery..

Cheers..

Last edited by a moderator:
pass the tissues please! :eek:

Looking forward to the first beer being crafted.

Cheers
JSB

Hey brewers.

I have set up a youtube account and in the comming months will add a few vids of the brewery..

Cheers..

Can't view youtube from here (work!), but can I suggest any video be set to Black Dog by Led Zeppelin. Because every time I see another photo of this sexy brewery that song kicks off in my head.

"Hey, hey, mama, said the way you move
Gonna make you sweat, gonna make you groove."

:super:

It took a while to go through all this thread, but WOW was it worth it. I can't believe all of the fabricating you have done!! how awesome. I have trouble trying to get a fridgemate wired up, but all of that ............. speechless.

Well done Jonathan! :icon_cheers:

pass the tissues please! :eek:

Looking forward to the first beer being crafted.

Cheers
JSB

The final brew day is slowly getting closer, i'm starting to get very thirsty...

Excellent stuff....now get the thing dirty!

But then I have to wash it!

Can't view youtube from here (work!), but can I suggest any video be set to Black Dog by Led Zeppelin. Because every time I see another photo of this sexy brewery that song kicks off in my head.

"Hey, hey, mama, said the way you move
Gonna make you sweat, gonna make you groove."

:super:

UH UH!! for sure sounds like a top suggestion... Now you have side tracked me watching Led Zepplin vids!!

It took a while to go through all this thread, but WOW was it worth it. I can't believe all of the fabricating you have done!! how awesome. I have trouble trying to get a fridgemate wired up, but all of that ............. speechless.

Well done Jonathan! :icon_cheers:

Actually when I look back on the build I would hate to add up all the hours I have spent on each piece. Lucky I'm not paying for my own time..

Cheers guys..

Hey guys,
Things are coming together, slowly.
It came alive tonight with most of the wiring connected time now to finish off the programming and give it a trial run.
I have sourced a gearcase and motor for the mashtun I just need to complete the mixing arm and rakes but that can wait.
cheers..

samlls.jpg

Actually when I look back on the build I would hate to add up all the hours I have spent on each piece. Lucky I'm not paying for my own time..

Cheers guys..

Do you have a rough figure on what you think the whole set-up is worth? Time/Labour/Equipment costs? Who will be drinking all this beer? Whats the fermentation schedule?

CB

Do you have a rough figure on what you think the whole set-up is worth? Time/Labour/Equipment costs? Who will be drinking all this beer? Whats the fermentation schedule?

CB

I would not like to think too hard but I will have a bit of a run down soon, once I add it all up..

Labor I don't see as a cost as I'm the only one working on this project and working in the shed is my stress relief .
I have spent on average 4 hours a week since the beginning of this thread minus 6 months holiday last year .

Well I have a lot of brewing friends so I will look at providing wort kits to them but the plan is to move it into a bar/cafe and brew commercially, maybe a dream but I'm very committed.

cheers..

Jonno,
Looking great there mate. It's got to be getting exciting now? How long till it's fully operational? Besides you better finish it off before your lost to your jetski, no?

BTW is that a Rat Rod in the background? Matt Black is very cool.

More photos please Jonno especially of the control box and screen.

Cheers

Chappo

Jonno,
Looking great there mate. It's got to be getting exciting now? How long till it's fully operational? Besides you better finish it off before your lost to your jetski, no?

BTW is that a Rat Rod in the background? Matt Black is very cool.

Cheers

Chappo

The excitement is growing, for sure.. I think it will be a month or two away depending on the surf!!
The ute in the background is a Holden FJ in dark blue with a special 2 year dust pearl!

More photo's coming up!

Also new is on youtube, I'm trying to upload a better quality and 16:9 version but for now this one will do..

Cheers.

The excitement is growing, for sure.. I think it will be a month or two away depending on the surf!!
The ute in the background is a Holden FJ in dark blue with a special 2 year dust pearl!

More photo's coming up!

Also new is on youtube, I'm trying to upload a better quality and 16:9 version but for now this one will do..

Cheers.

Nice keg delivery fleet. You Amish Jono? :lol:

That's one neat, tidy and organised shed!

Nice keg delivery fleet. You Amish Jono? :lol:

That's one neat, tidy and organised shed!

:lol: funny you should say that, the old man got his first tractor a couple of years ago and retired the Clydesdale's to the back paddock..

all i have got to say is DAMN THAT IS SEXY!

I could maybe do a bit of an overlay and point out each component and its use when i find some spare time.
There is a bit of a mess in the cab because i have jumpers going from here to there.

1024closecab.jpg 1024opencab.jpg

cheers

So I think the general consensus was that the march pump was not up to the job of whirlpooling the kettle, so i found this pump on ebay and won it for $49.00 bargain..

IWAKI MAGNETIC COUPLED PUMP
pump1.JPG
230L @ 1 meter head.

3 phase .75 kw

possibly a little large?

anyway a good purchase i say.

cheers.

Oh and i have wacked up all my pics on a new web page.. www.digitalebrewery.com

I Read this thread in the last two days really hoping that it would be finished at the end. The whole build has been awesome. Its been a couple of months now since the last post hows it all going johnathon.

edit spelling

Hey Bradley,

Due to many many other interest's and working shift work, progression has been slow over the last few months but now that I have most other things sorted I am about to get back into it. I have stripped it down so I can fully weld the base frame, put the floor on and then reassemble. Then rewire and program..
These things take time.. :lol:

As long as there is no good surf in the meantime .. :D

Cheers..

Latest posts

Back