Brew Days

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chiller

Reaction score
As a diabetic I find that I often face a dilemma involving health and happiness. I love to brew but cannot drink all that I would like to brew.

Here's a proposal for Adelaide brewers. Probably those looking at learning AG brewing or who are in the learning curve stage. Or even those having trouble getting their game together to brew.

All you need is Gas, Grain, Water if you don't use Adelaide water, a recipe and something to take the brew home in.

Oh and some food if you want to eat :)

PM me if you are interested.

Steve

I have trouble getting through all the beer I make... I frequently brew 8-12L batches just to cut down the volume of beer on hand. you could try small batches?

But thats a great offer for any aspiring AGers in Adelaide, its not like I want to discourage it or anything

I think I've done somewhere between 100 and 200 ag brews, but if I was in Adelaide I would take up Chillers offer and I would learn a lot in the process, so anyone in Adelaide wondering, believe me this is an opportunity to take.

werd to that. first AG i did was at chiller's and it was more than worthwhile. time for the formation of the micro/pico/nanofloccs maybe? :)

Its a shame you are not in Melbourne..
I would take you up on the offer..
Saturday was the first time since I decided to ge AG where I was able to get a Saturday away from the kids and to myself.
Rang G&G Friday to make sure the brew demo was going ahead, only to be told they are cutting down the frequency with which they hold them.
Bugger, its taken about 3-4 months of trying to get there between the kids and the shiftwork.
Only hope its not another 3-4 months.

Im really hoping that the Adelaide brew scene is not as quiet as it appears as a day at Chillers is worth its weight in gold.Ive been to Chillers place/learnt heaps and also learnt heaps via phone calls and the net when i resided in Gove/N.T all from Chiller.If you have the time then do go as it will be well worth it.

Wishing i was over that way
Big D

P.S Make sure Jayse is there. ;)

Its a shame you are not in Melbourne..
I would take you up on the offer..
Saturday was the first time since I decided to ge AG where I was able to get a Saturday away from the kids and to myself.
Rang G&G Friday to make sure the brew demo was going ahead, only to be told they are cutting down the frequency with which they hold them.
Bugger, its taken about 3-4 months of trying to get there between the kids and the shiftwork.
Only hope its not another 3-4 months.

Reg,

In case it interests you and you can make it.. Spillsmostofit and I are conducting a BIAB AG demo at G&G on the 12th of April... sounds like time might be an issue for you, so BIAB might be a good method of brewing for you, it takes significantly less time than a standard AG brew day.

Failing that - I too am a shift worker and as a result I occasionally brew at odd hours of the day.. maybe one of my brew sessions would suit your timetable better, drop me a pm and we can try to work a time out where you can come over for a brew session - I run a HERMS, so my method is needlessly complex, but you might pick up a couple of useful things anyway.

Cheers

Thirsty

Im really hoping that the Adelaide brew scene is not as quiet as it appears as a day at Chillers is worth its weight in gold.Ive been to Chillers place/learnt heaps and also learnt heaps via phone calls and the net when i resided in Gove/N.T all from Chiller.If you have the time then do go as it will be well worth it.

Wishing i was over that way
Big D

P.S Make sure Jayse is there. ;)

I spoke to Jayse just recently and we both canvassed the idea of a brewday. I think I still have his Porter recipe on my computer somewhere so that is a possibility.

Steve

Latest posts

Back