Bread Machine Wanted

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

driveitlikeustoleit

Reaction score
Hi guys.

Just wondering if anyone has a working bread machine lurking in the back of a cupboard somewhere.

I want to use it to roast coffee in. :eek:

I'm in Brunswick, so i guess somewhere within a 20km radius of the city would be awesome.

Happy to throw some beer your way.

Cheers, Ben.

More control over heat in a bread maker and higher capacity, if I recall correctly!

fair enough then. Got a link to any info on it? mum has a bread maker I could possibly borrow for such a task

Peruse Coffeesnobs, the bread maker technique is called "Corretto". Basically the bread maker provides the agitation and heat is applied with a heat gun.

Sounds like fun... alot of fun! My folks have an old breadmaker and a heat gun lying aroudn their house... if you can get away with doing it without modding the breadmaker i think i might give it a crack!

The problem is i wanna drill a hole in the bread maker to put a temperature probe through the wall.

Hooked to a program on laptop you can map the heat, thus giving more control.

Just another thing to fiddle with i suppose :huh:

Thermoprobed hey. I did abit of scouring coffeesnobs yesterday. looks like a fun little project, only issue is the possibility of scorching my mothers coffee, err i mean breadmaker and you can;t use it for bread again! haha!

It's how I do mine. Mount the heat gun on the bottle capper, stand back and wait for the first crack.

There's a few CS on here IIRC, Warren, KoNG and T.D.

get ready for some seriously awful smells, I gave up as I just could not bear the smell

we have one in the hunter valley if any one wants it....got to pick it up from Pokolbin though.

get ready for some seriously awful smells, I gave up as I just could not bear the smell

ashtray by any chance? Sometimes when i sip my morning coffee, all i can think about is Fidel Castro and his big phat Cohiba! :D

Ben

I have one you can have for a few of your finest

I can also bring it down to the brewers den on the 2/2/10 as im their for the BJCP coarse

Kleiny

Ben

I have one you can have for a few of your finest

I can also bring it down to the brewers den on the 2/2/10 as im their for the BJCP coarse

Kleiny

You are a champion.

Will pm with my details.

Hope the course is good and furthers your beer affair!

The coretto method is fantastic, much better than my popcorn maker I used previously.
It produces great results but do it in a well ventilated area, depending on the beans they can produce a lot of chaff.

Visit http://www.flickr.com/photos/nicholaswiseman for pics of my setup (as well as the brewery), I got myself a second hand BM to use as we actually use our main one but after about 10 roasts in it so far there is no more wear and tear than there was before.

As others have mentioned check the Coffeesnobs forum for all the info, this coffee thing is as addictive as my brewing - but as the missus can enjoy this one too I get more approvals for ingredients and gear!

Never experienced anything like this, all lovely roasting smells here!

Latest posts

Back