Braumeister NEXTGEN Build

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blackbeer&rum said:
just a thought, everyone is going on about the thickness of s/steel mesh for the top of the mash pot and how to hold it from moving and twisting, what about welding a ring on top of the mesh and then the cross braces would stop all movement?

sorry if I'm posting out of order but was just my thought

Question, how do you post i picture, i drew up on cad a pic showing this??
Yes quite a few folks have reinforced thin mesh in somewhat of the manner in which you are describing.

One way to attach a picture:
More reply options.
Attach files. Browse etc.
Attach this file.
Add to post.

Voila.
Hops.jpg

Update on the progress of my new BigW pot. Ran a brew yesterday and all went very well. I did need to throttle the flow on my pump back to avoid the 3 mm top support plate bending. I did stop the pump every 15-30 mins to release the bed and stirred the bed three times. Efficiency was about 78%.
Temperature difference from the top to the bottom during the ramps was 0.5 - 1.0 deg.
Now as all is good I can start to assemble "Matho's controller" to make it automatic

New Malt Pot.JPG

Mash in.JPG

MaltoseStep.JPG

Sacchrification.JPG

barrel21 said:
Update on the progress of my new BigW pot. Ran a brew yesterday and all went very well. I did need to throttle the flow on my pump back to avoid the 3 mm top support plate bending. I did stop the pump every 15-30 mins to release the bed and stirred the bed three times. Efficiency was about 78%.
Temperature difference from the top to the bottom during the ramps was 0.5 - 1.0 deg.
Now as all is good I can start to assemble "Matho's controller" to make it automatic
Ha barrel21

please if you don't mind sharing, what pot size you use in the keg can system? I'm kind of in the process of doing a similar system, was toying with the idea of using a corny keg for the mush tun.

barrel21 said:
It is a 19 litre BigW pot inside a 50 lt CUB keg
I went the same way as you, the domed base on the keg allowed me to add a small false bottom (hop screen) underneath the malt pipe.

Works a treat.

Cheers

Hey Barrel those Pics look great.

I also want to say sorry to all those who have PM'ed me lately and have got a slow reply, my life has taken a bit of a turn and I haven't got the time I use to have.

cheers steve

Just getting together bits for my build and trying to find a suitable 50l pot/keg. What do you guys think about this http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-COMMERCIAL-50L-STAINLESS-STEEL-STOCK-POT-SAUCEPAN/350795339309 ? Would the aluminium 'sandwich' base present a problem for drilling etc?

P.S. Matho - absolutely no apologies needed. You have gone above and beyond for us AHB members. I for one would never have even considered this kind of build if it weren't for your input. Wishing you all the best mate.

ppl have complained about handyimports in the past. Hard to tell how much of an issue it was / wasn't. Do a search, read up and make up your own mind. Finding pots is hard. At that price I would be tempted to go craftbrewer...

jimmyfozzers said:
Just getting together bits for my build and trying to find a suitable 50l pot/keg. What do you guys think about this http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-COMMERCIAL-50L-STAINLESS-STEEL-STOCK-POT-SAUCEPAN/350795339309 ? Would the aluminium 'sandwich' base present a problem for drilling etc
I have two Handy Imports pots. A 71L and 32L. These are going to be used on my braumiser build.

I have used the 71L pot for close to a year and have mashed over 100 kilos of grain through it. I have heard of one person getting a dud but no probs for me.

I was at a catering wholesaler the other day buying some pot glasses. The stainless pots they had were more expensive but thinner than mine and made in Vietnam.

I can't see you would have a problem drilling the base.

I have two HandyImport pots, a 35L and a 50L. The only issue was a slight ding in the 50L one. But its only cosmetic. The rivets for the handles were water-tight too.

I'm currently considering drilling the bottom of the pot too! :unsure:

Hmmm...decisions decisions! Just been quoted $125 inc delivery for a keggle pre-drilled with a ball valve. Can't make up my mind!

Hello!

I would like to ask for a detailed part list of exactly what i need to prepare 50 liters of a brewer system?

Thank you for your help.

Hi Horse,

I see that as your first post you have asked a blunt question which you would have the answer to if you read the thread.

Given your location it would be impossible for us to give you an exact list of parts because it mostly depends on what is available locally.

For example, people use craftbrewers 70L pot but I wouldn't think that you would ship that to Hungary, so you need to read through and gauge what you need for yourself.

Hi,

I thought of a fund or a 50-liter stainless steel pot or a 50-liter stainless steel beer keg.
50 l pot: http://olaszsped.com...products_id=481
or
50 l beer keg: http://aprod.hu/hird...-is-IDTCG5.html

The other necessary part of the order from Ebay.

These should me a detailed list of ingredients if you have drawings ...

The BrauMiser Build Part 1.pdf and BrauMiser Build Part 2.pdf have got in but did not find assembly drawings.

Neither will let you get 50 output.... You need a much bigger pot than that for a 50L system...

I have a 50L outer pot and I get 23L brews out of it.

I wrote (bad) a 50 liter (netto 22-23 liter beer) gross system should be detailed parts list.

For example, i use a 50-liter pot, etc.. ...

Approximately how much (including shipping costs) are only raw material cost?

Quick question if you don't mind.

I've read through a horde of posts on this thread but still can't get what remains of my head around how to scale the system up and down.

How much grain can I get into a malt pipe that has 7.8 litres between the filters? That's about as big a pipe as I can get in my current urn.

What sizes of outer pot and malt pipe would I need to make:-

15 litre batches?

I read (above) that I would need a 50 litre outer to make 23 litre batches what volume would the malt pipe need to be?

Thanks for your patience.

ATB. Aamcle

Latest posts

Back