Bore Brush for keg dip tube

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scooterism

Reaction score
Can anyone reccomend a bore brush for cleaning corny dip tubes please?

Cheers

Couple of guys at P.U.B.S when I was a member, bought these from Camelbak, who do water systems for cyclists and mountaineers etc.

Probably get them from cycling shops, maybe Anaconda and wherever lycra is sold to middle aged men.

Looks like the KK job could be the way to go.

Good side is now I don't have to justify to the wife a trip to the gun shop..

Thanks guys.

Seriously I'd go the Camelbak, because that other brush that comes in the kit is perfect for scrubbing your bum crack after a 200K bike ride. :)

go to there search hydration and that the pack i have

I've got the Keg King one and it's probably the most useless home brew accessory I ever bought.

Being 8mm diameter makes it difficult to fit into a dip tube. It's fairly stiff metal construction with very short barbs, so getting even half way through is an ordeal.

If you really must scrub the inside of your dip tubes, you are probably better off with dropping a string through the tube, then tying a chux cloth to the end and pulling it through.

They're opening an Anaconda in the old Lismore Masters, might grab one when they get set up.

Agree on the KK tube cleaner. No way can you get that all the way through the dip tube. I nearly couldn't get mine out again.
I just rely on a strong dose of hot sodium percarbonate which is equivalent to all that you can do with plastic beer lines.

Attention to the cut wire end of these things too. You don't want to scratch the inside of a dip tube. ;)

I use a length of line trimmer line folded in half, I poke it through, then loop some chux that's wet with your preferred cleaner. I then pull it through and repeat a few times.

Same as cleaning a rifle barrel if you've ever done this.

I soaked and did it a few times when I first got the kegs (second hand soda kegs), and now I do it every time.

scooterism said:
Looks like the KK job could be the way to go.

Good side is now I don't have to justify to the wife a trip to the gun shop..

Thanks guys.
is there ever any need to justify a trip to the gun shop? the real hard part is sneaking new guns in past the missus without being noticed.

BEERHOG said:
is there ever any need to justify a trip to the gun shop? the real hard part is sneaking new guns in past the missus without being noticed.
just tell them its to keep the mice off your grain and the wosers off your women.

They have non scratching brushes of varying sizes and lengths.

Latest posts

Back