Bonj Replaces His Vw Wheels

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
on one of those front uprights somewhere. I'll just be using clamps for now until I decide on the best spot.

Okay, here's a mockup for all you whingers *cough* Troy *cough* :p
I already have the March pump (courtesy of SpecialK and Process Pumps)

Phase 2: HLT controller and timer
Phase 3: Larger mashtun
Phase 4: ????
Phase 5: Profit! :beer: :lol:

brewstand_mockup.jpg

Phase 4 - Steal Underpants

Very nice Ben, brewin with style. Still, I think the old rig had the Mojo.

Screwy

Thanks Mike.

Yeah, I may have to attach one of those chrome scripted "volkswagen" badges, or a VW logo or something... just to remember its heritage.

Thanks Mike.

Yeah, I may have to attach one of those chrome scripted "volkswagen" badges, or a VW logo or something... just to remember its heritage.

how about those big domed hub caps with the VW logo in the middle! you could make cool lids with them

how about those big domed hub caps with the VW logo in the middle! you could make cool lids with them

That's not a bad idea! The ones I have are either painted (by some loser before I got them), or a little worse for wear... I wonder if there are any issues using chrome.

Conrats Bonj! It's always great to see another brewer and his rig, come into focus.

Looking good,
reVox

The real scary part.....

"Phase 4 - Steal Underpants"...WHY, don't you own any??

Looks the goods...bet you use yours before Franko uses his! ;)

The real scary part.....

"Phase 4 - Steal Underpants"...WHY, don't you own any??
It's from a South Park episode, and is quoted in perpetuity in http://slashdot.org/ comments. The original one, was:
1. Steal Underpants
2. ??? (The gnomes couldn't remember the 2nd step)
3. Profit!!!
Looks the goods...bet you use yours before Franko uses his! ;)
haha. Franko's is too pretty to use. Like a show car.

upg.gif

Anyone been caught 'cheesing' lately??

RM

Should mount a nice VW bonnet on front of it :blink: .
Have you considered putting the tun to the left side to avoid any heat issues? ( Probably unnecessary I know, but better safe than sorry)

Have you considered putting the tun to the left side to avoid any heat issues? ( Probably unnecessary I know, but better safe than sorry)
I hadn't thought of that. It's definitely worth considering.

I'm in love again. Lovely looking piece of kit.

My first car was a 1963 Beetle. I still have fond memories of everything about it, except for the lousy 6 volt electrics.

I'm in love again. Lovely looking piece of kit.

My first car was a 1963 Beetle. I still have fond memories of everything about it, except for the lousy 6 volt electrics.
Yeah, the 6 volt electrics isn't fun.
Either were:
Smashing a windscreen,
Engine catching on fire,
Dropping a valve through a piston,
Breaking untold numbers of clutch cables,
Losing brake hydraulics,
Breaking an accelerator pedal,
Burning out a clutch,
untold numbers of bearings, king pin bushes, flat tyres, unexplained reasons for not starting, flat and dead 6 volt batteries, deteriorated fuel sender unit gasket (and resultant boot full of petrol, and mouthful while syphoning it out of the leaking tank)

Ahh those rose tinted glasses. It was my first car too. :)

Yeah, the 6 volt electrics isn't fun.
Either were:
Smashing a windscreen,
Engine catching on fire,
Dropping a valve through a piston,
Breaking untold numbers of clutch cables,
Losing brake hydraulics,
Breaking an accelerator pedal,
Burning out a clutch,
untold numbers of bearings, king pin bushes, flat tyres, unexplained reasons for not starting, flat and dead 6 volt batteries, deteriorated fuel sender unit gasket (and resultant boot full of petrol, and mouthful while syphoning it out of the leaking tank)

Ahh those rose tinted glasses. It was my first car too. :)

No wonder they lost ;) :p :lol:

No wonder they lost wink.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif

Didn't they get the rest of the world to buy them??? :p

lol

Don't get me wrong. I think they're a great little car. The problem with them, and this one in particular, is that they're 45 years old. Wear and tear well and truly takes it's toll after 45 years.

lol

......Wear and tear well and truly takes it's toll after 45 years.

You're telling me :icon_drunk:

cheers Ross....nearly 50 & feeling it....

edit:...nice rig as well by the way Bonj, I can feel a brew day in the wind :party:

You're telling me

cheers Ross....nearly 50 & feeling it....
:lol:
edit:...nice rig as well by the way Bonj
Thanks, mate. I finally got on top of the procrastination and laziness. The next phase will allow me to brew more often (when the little one's at kindy :D ), and free up my weekends to do other things.
I can feel a brew day in the wind
Might be, might be, could be, could be. :icon_chickcheers:

Back