Blood everywhere .. The bottle went BANG

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grainer

The pursuit of Utopia
Reaction score
Hate bottles ... Was 30 cm away from it when it exploded.. Now in Emergency waiting to get stitches!!!

image.jpg

Lucky stars its stitches and not an eye. Good luck and enjoy the air con at the hospital.. miserable dry 40deg here outside Melb.

It was a UBrewit bottle from a party .. I heard an explosion and went out to look and BANG it got me while I was looking into the storage bucket.. Pissed off as there are 6 months old and are starting to explode all the time...

What was the finishing gravity? Too soon?

But seriously, that's pretty crap, glad it didn't do any serious harm.

edit: phone spelling

Jeesus mate. Hope it missed all your vitals. Good reason to buy even more kegs!

Glad your ok'ish, Almost had the same thing happen last week, hot garage, heard a bang in the garage went to investigate, realised what it was and turned to find a cloth to put over them to catch the glass if any more went and BANG, nice glass shower…….

Looks like you have already swapped to PET. Hope it avoided the brutal areas.

Ouch, glad you appear to be okay..

Step 5: Storage
After you get your beer home from U-Brew It, it needs to be kept cold in a fridge to avoid any re-fermentation should any yeast get through the filtration system. Because at U-Brew It, we do not add any chemicals or preservatives to guard against re-fermentation. This is a safe guard to protect your beer.

DIY injury with a difference.

I've only had one bottle go boom out of over 600 bottles. it was in the heat wave in Jan.

Holy crap. Bad luck that. Shame on ubrewit for bottling risky bottles. Get better mate.

Hope it wasn't your IPA?

I've put it in the fridge, regardless...

SmallFry said:
Hope it wasn't your IPA?

I've put it in the fridge, regardless...
Nah mate ... Crap beer from ubrewit.... NEVER AGAIN... They lost my business permanently !!!

wide eyed and legless said:
One question don't they filter the beer and it is force carbonated?
yep, they also tell you to store in a fridge as the "bottle" when it's at the appropriate gravity :)

I hope all is well mate, my mum used to say "it won't hurt after the pain's gone".

It never made me feel any better but that's how it was.

Back