• We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.

Blessed be the longneck drinkers...

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

RegBadgery

Reaction score
... for they provide me with a limitless supply of bottles. To everyone who likes a fosters or a VB, I say good on you - you're doing me proud.

cheers
reg

kook

Reaction score
Its handy isnt it? :)

My dad collects all the VB longnecks drunk by people at his units. Theyre 800ml bottles, and wash up fine. Every few weeks I go pick up 30 longnecks :)

RegBadgery

Reaction score
My oath - I'm a regular prowling the streets on recycling night - following a good bleach soaking and rinse it's a great way to get a load of bright shiny new bottles - all ready to be filled with delicious beer.

cheers
reg

davester

Reaction score
If you want bottles, go down to your local RSL/Bowling club/Pub etc and bribe the barman...

I took him/her a couple of bottles of my finest, a few milk crates to put the empties and a promise to pick them up regulary.

It worked for me, but pick them up regulary, as most cellarman don't like dirty/old bottles lying around.
I had that many longies, I didn't know what to do with them. Correction, I made more beer.

If you find a good barman/cellarman, he may even give them a quick rinse for you too!!

Linz

Reaction score
I don't mean to make the thread make a left turn ...... but any difference with priming in the 800ml bottles opposed to the 750ml as far as the lollies or suger measure? :(

kook

Reaction score
Linz said:
I don't mean to make the thread make a left turn ...... but any difference with priming in the 800ml bottles opposed to the 750ml as far as the lollies or suger measure? :(
I just prime them as if theyre 750ml bottles. I dont mind if its slightly undercarbonated (50ml difference isnt much).

PostModern

Iron Wolf Brewery
Reaction score
Linz said:
...any difference with priming in the 800ml bottles opposed to the 750ml as far as the lollies or suger measure?
Bulk prime and there's not one iota of difference :)

Latest posts