Blessed be the longneck drinkers...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RegBadgery

Reaction score
... for they provide me with a limitless supply of bottles. To everyone who likes a fosters or a VB, I say good on you - you're doing me proud.

cheers
reg

Its handy isnt it? :)

My dad collects all the VB longnecks drunk by people at his units. Theyre 800ml bottles, and wash up fine. Every few weeks I go pick up 30 longnecks :)

My oath - I'm a regular prowling the streets on recycling night - following a good bleach soaking and rinse it's a great way to get a load of bright shiny new bottles - all ready to be filled with delicious beer.

cheers
reg

If you want bottles, go down to your local RSL/Bowling club/Pub etc and bribe the barman...

I took him/her a couple of bottles of my finest, a few milk crates to put the empties and a promise to pick them up regulary.

It worked for me, but pick them up regulary, as most cellarman don't like dirty/old bottles lying around.
I had that many longies, I didn't know what to do with them. Correction, I made more beer.

If you find a good barman/cellarman, he may even give them a quick rinse for you too!!

I don't mean to make the thread make a left turn ...... but any difference with priming in the 800ml bottles opposed to the 750ml as far as the lollies or suger measure? :(

Linz said:
I don't mean to make the thread make a left turn ...... but any difference with priming in the 800ml bottles opposed to the 750ml as far as the lollies or suger measure? :(
I just prime them as if theyre 750ml bottles. I dont mind if its slightly undercarbonated (50ml difference isnt much).

Linz said:
...any difference with priming in the 800ml bottles opposed to the 750ml as far as the lollies or suger measure?
Bulk prime and there's not one iota of difference :)

Back