Black Dog Brewhouse Rig

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK

on the n th version of the blackdog and pretty happy with the couple of runs. Made my partner laugh when I said i've finished the design, she knows me too well.

Added some ss threaded rod to lock the whole lot together and found the pressure cooker seal to make an excellent gasket:

IMG_1867_1.JPG

Have made 2 new top plates.

The filter plate is a pizza pan with a fine ss mesh attached with a pinch seal. Drilled lots of holes in it and addes some reinforcement Al stripes.
The top lock down plate is 2mm SS and shows off my exceptional metal working abilityhttp://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

IMG_1879_1.JPG

Top filter plate in place

IMG_1880_1.JPG

Pump turned on

IMG_1881_1.JPG

After 1/2 hour nice clear wort

IMG_1883_1.JPG

If I am cubing i just disconnect output after whirlpooling and straight intocube;

IMG_1884_1.JPG

At whirlpool when chilling;

IMG_1886_1.JPG

Still use my bag lift for ease;

IMG_1887_1.JPG

Hop rocket and chiller in action;

IMG_1888_1.JPG

Trub cone after whirlpolling for 10 minutes after power off and then run srtaight through rocket/chiller;

IMG_1889_1.JPG

Slow rate down ( turn pump off after flow starts ) so takes @ 10 minutes to fill fermenter. Wort came out yesterday at 20.8 C

Time for a beer

cheers
sean

If I am cubing i just disconnect output after whirlpooling and straight intocube;

View attachment 54312

At whirlpool when chilling;

View attachment 54313

Still use my bag lift for ease;

View attachment 54314

Hop rocket and chiller in action;

View attachment 54315

Trub cone after whirlpolling for 10 minutes after power off and then run srtaight through rocket/chiller;

View attachment 54316

Slow rate down ( turn pump off after flow starts ) so takes @ 10 minutes to fill fermenter. Wort came out yesterday at 20.8 C

Time for a beer

cheers
sean

Looks awesome Sean, excellent looking rig with some great ideas in it

cheers steve

Latest posts

Back