Bitter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIGRO

Reaction score
Hay guys.

I just put a coopers australian bitter in to a keg about 3 days ago, i have made this kit before and it has turned put great everytime, the problem with this 1 is its really really bitter, any idea why? its the same recipe every time, its stil drinkable but dam its bitter!

Do you think it will mellow out with time?

Morning BIGRO. What did you clean/rinse your keg with ?
Bigro did you add the POR hops you talked about in your other thread ? If you did I would say that is why your beer is so much more bitter. You may have to wait a few weeks for the flavours to mellow.

Morning BIGRO. What did you clean/rinse your keg with ?
Bigro did you add the POR hops you talked about in your other thread ? If you did I would say that is why your beer is so much more bitter. You may have to wait a few weeks for the flavours to mellow.

Hi Razz, thanks for the reply.

I have been rinsing the used kegs with brewers detergant then cleaning with sodium medabisulphate before i re use it, i then rince with clean water a few times

i brought the bitter pac at the local home brew shop it is a blend of malt, dextrose, and maltidex i think. it also comes with a little bag of hops which is stapled onto the pac. i just add them to a cup or hot water and let it sit for 10 mins, then i add to the brew just before i add the yeast.
Hope this helps

Latest posts

Back