BigD's Visit To Perth

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What shall we do for bigD's visit to Perth?

• I nominate my place to bring beer for tasting and yarning.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I nominate deebee's place to bring beer for tasting/yarning.

• I nominate my place for a brew demonstration.

• Let's go to Clancy's where we can take homebrew to taste.

• Let's go to a pub to just drink.

• Let's do another Freo pub crawl.

• Total voters
I'll be there. As Goat said if you need anything let us know.

Count me in!

Hopfully I'll be able to find something worthy enough to bring along (I might resort to pouring a few bottles of coopers into PET and calling it my own).

hehe, anyways, I'm really keen to learn more about this all grain business

sorry S.A guy sneaking into your thread here,
Anyway barfridge why not just buy some micro brewed beer and bring these.
No need to call it your own i hope those without beer will do the same for our adelaide get together.
Also english commercial beers are a good talking and tasting point for these days.
A new one on the market is called trafalgar IPA.
But you can't go wrong with 'landlord' thats one great beer.

On the long weekend i'll get out the counter pressure bottle filler and get the lads to fill you all up some bottles which bigd will bring along.

I'll send my infected porter. :lol:
maybe not.

anyway have a good one guys.

Cheers Jayse

I don't have access to a pooter for a while so won't be around but I will be there on 26th with a selection of homebrewed and purchased beers and something salty to eat maybe even some flesh to burn if GL has a barby.

Big D, I would lerv to taste the infamous SFPA if any of jayse's bottles survive the nullarbor.

GL,

I'll pop in and say G'Day.
If Its over a barby lunch, even better. (Just let me know what food to bring)

Should be able to scrounge up some beers to taste. Sadly though I'll mainly be on the homebrewed soda water. I've got a state round mountain bike race the next day. (not something you want to do hung!)

Asher for now

other than a fine selection from ibs which i shall bring let us no if you need any help and anything else you want bringing along gl.

bringing this back to the top as i havent recieved a pm from gl so have no idea where his place is for the meet.and is it still the 26th?
after this evening im outa touch computer wise.
ive goats ph no. so if no contact before tonight will give you a ring when in perth goat.

cheers
big d

Sorry for the lack of responses, but I am now back at a computer in Perth.

Date: Saturday 26 July
Place: mine, address will be PMd today
Time: How about 12pm start, lunch at 1to 2 pm so those dropping in can have lunch and then drop out, rest of us can keep going till we get bored or I turn the dogs on you.

I will have a v large esky with ice to keep bottles cold. I'll supply a simple sort of lunch, don't bring anything foodwise cos I'm not sure what I'll do. If the weather is OK it'll be bbq, if not I'll talk Mrs Guest Lurker into doing something inside.

Unless the weather is total crap we will be outside, so BigD of the tropics will need a jumper.

You guys bring beer and a willingness to talk about it endlessly. Bring your best brew, your worst brew, interesting commercial brew. Or don't bring any and help me get rid of my ageing partial mash stocks so I can fill the shelves with full mash brews.

If anyone is desperate to see an all grain brew we could do one, but I plan to get quite pissed, between running round fixing steps, sorting lunch, getting drunk, the brew wouldnt get full attention and might suffer. Wait and see on the weather as the brewing area is not undercover. Theres also some public liability issues, what with my brew stand being an ad-hoc collection of whatever happens to be nearby.

Will PM today to
Goat
BigD
Deebee
Barfridge
JasonY
Kook
Asher

Anyone else? Lets show those smarty pants Adeladians we are as committed to craft brewing as they are. Feel free to bring any brewing mates along, just let me know for numbers.

This is a great idea!

I've been really inactive on the board (and brewing) the last month or two. Heaps of stuff on at work and I'm trying to study too.

I can bring along a Flemish Beef Stew if you like (beef + onions stewed in Rodenbach beer) ? It should reheat fine in a microwave.

I can also bring along some Liefmans Frambozenbier if anyone is interested. I've got some 2002 Coopers Vintage Ale as well?

Kook
I assume you got the PM with the address? Thanks anyway but dont worry about the stew, no microwave believe it or not, and I am aiming to do something to eat with your hands, less hassle.

Would love to try the Liefmans.

We have picked up another participant from the Grumpys forum so far, so it should be a good day.

Great stuff GL. We can all chip in to cover the cost of lunch fi you like... don't want you footing the bill for feeding a buch of hungry! :p

Should have a selection of brews to drag along ... if you need anything bought along let me know. If you change your mind and want to do a brew then I am happy to help out.

If the numbers get out of control I'll ask for donations or other help but at the moment its no drama. I want to try some of your Fullers ESB clone if you have some as that is my next brew, could even do it on the day maybe.

I assume everyone knows I dont have any kegging gear - wouldnt want anyone bringing a keg and then having to sit looking at it longingly.

No problems. I'll see what suprises I can bring along from the IBS too :)

Popped down LC brewery during the week and saw their mini kegs. $75 for 12.5 litres. Works out $3 a pint, not bad. Was very tempted to get one for the get togethher and still could if there is interest. Would probably prefer to drink interesting homebrews and more exotic stuff, though.

I will try to bring brews I have discussed on the forum - I will be bringing an extract porter, maybe also a robust porter, a partial mash smoky ale talked about on grumpys, a partial mash dry stout talked about on grumpys, a kit-brewed nut brown ale and a cherry ale (benadryl expectorant ale) talked about on grumpys. (There's no other way I will ever drink those benadryl bottles unless I bring them along in the name of science. Punters may feel free to make like a wine taster and spit.) And maybe something special from IBS.

Deebee
Are you in the three can thriller club? Be interested to try one of them for comparison if you have any.
Simon

GL,

I will bring one, but it's nothing special.

Can't wait to try all these brews ppl are bringing (even that benadryl expectorant!).

I will bring a couple of bottles of my oatmeal stout a few of you guys are into stouts more than me so I will be interested in the feedback. Also will bring along some Fullers ESB clone and probably some skunk fart ale to compare with the Masters if Big D manages to swipe any from his Adelaide leg of the journey :)

Geez I better bring something light (in colour) as a spacer between all these darkies....
Only problem is my next run of lagers are only in their first month of CC'ing
looks like its a stout then.... also will have samples of a young bo-pills & a rice lager. GT lager is still fermenting... (sorry GL)

Asher for now

On another note I have just smacked a 1278 Czech Pils for an attempt at an octberfest on Sunday (may be pushing it!). If anyone wants any I can probably step it up some more and make a few more stubbies.

Also have some 1272, 1968 & 1028 if anyone is yeast hunting (fridge has a few starters!) :p

Be gentle with Big D, he was a bit rough around the edges when he left Adelaide.

Hope you blokes in the west have a great time.

Steve.

Back