BigD's Visit To Perth

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What shall we do for bigD's visit to Perth?

• I nominate my place to bring beer for tasting and yarning.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I nominate deebee's place to bring beer for tasting/yarning.

• I nominate my place for a brew demonstration.

• Let's go to Clancy's where we can take homebrew to taste.

• Let's go to a pub to just drink.

• Let's do another Freo pub crawl.

• Total voters
Hmmm have been thinking of an appropriate name for that sucker.... Cats Cradle is good.... while we are on that them, how about Fur Ball Chiller ?

(I'm sure you are right abotu the chilling - while the surface area would be the same the coverage within the wort would be greater)

Argh!!

For some reason I thought this was late July :(

Sorry guys!

LOL

don't turn up at GL's place unannounced - you will be missing a leg when you leave !!!!

(you missed a good day)

I just saw the pics and it looks like it :(

I really think I need to start using an organiser or calender or something..

I should be along on monday for the WCB meeting though. I think I've missed the last 2 or 3. I'll bring along some Porter, IIPA, and I may bring my last two bottles of Liefmans Framboizenbier which I had intended to take along to GLs :(.

Kook

As punishment, the next one is at YOUR place!!

yes your lack of presence was noted kook.shame shame shame ;)
next year be there or be square unless of course you go to england <_<

cheers in beers
big d
ya missed a great day kook

Mr Guest Lurker,

So what's that beer taste like???

Ummm...not sure, maybe OK, maybe a bit ordinary? I bottled it yesterday after a couple of weeks cold conditioning. I got very high attenuation from both yeasts (84% for Thames Valley and 78% for Special London). The observed attenuation is about 8% higher than the upper range quoted by Wyeast in each case, nicely illustrating that the Wyeast specs seem to show accurate relative attenuation, but actual attenuation depends on the wort. I guess I mashed too low. The strike temp was low, and maybe a lot of conversion happened before I adjusted. More accurate temp measurement is the next project. Anyway, so it has quite an aggressive bitterness.

I had a plan to make a small underhopped over crystalled brew and blend it. But I figured it needs to be an accurate record of the brew on the day, and sometimes the hops do ease off after being in the bottle a while, so I bottled it as is, and when it is conditioned will make you guys drink it regardless.

good to see you never diluted it, that would be acrime! Look forward to tasting it if you save any, I am sure it will mellow.

What where the bittering additions again :)

gl hope you save at least one bottle for my next visit ;)

beers in waiting
big d

The AHB ESB has had 2 weeks cold conditioning, has been bottled and now has a reasonable level of gas. I have knocked off a couple of bottles, and while it has an "aggressive" level of bitterness, I personally like it. I was planning on organising a meeting for a pint in the city next week and handing out bottles to the participants. But, as usual, it seems I will be going away for work next week, maybe for several weeks. I will also not be at the WCB meeting Monday (Great Dane training night).

SO: We can do a catchup when I get back, or we can hang on to it to drink at the next get together, or if anyone is keen on grabbing a bottle before then, and is up my way on Sunday this weekend, then I will be at home all day frantically brewing the sg 1.100 barleywine before I go, so feel free to drop in.

Goat that might be your only chance to get your carbonation cap bottle back in the next few weeks if you need it.

BigD, the company has an account with the post office and several courier companies, so dont worry, when it gets distributed a bottle or 2 will find its way up north.

Simon

If I get off my date and bottle my rye porter tomorrow, I will drop by on Sunday and swap you a bottle. What's a good time?

GL

I'm happy to sit on it for a couple of months..... Sounds like a little ageing will only make it better...

Maybe we could have another get-together-brewday at my place and fire up phase 3... Sit back and watch it brew beer while we partake in a few ales..... How about late September (25th)? - My diary is closing up fast!

Asher for now

OK, I'll try to hang on to the bulk of it until Ashers gathering, it will taste a lot better in September. If I'm not back Fleur might have to organise a delivery.

Deebee, I really will be here all day, and I am also bottling my rye porter while brewing the barleywine so we could compare rye porters. Goat is coming over later in the day after he has brewed a pilsner. I am planning to be cleaning up and drinking beer by 3 or 4 pm. (unless I am still frantically boiling to hit the magic 1.100).

thanks simon.
hope ya brew days go well.catch up with you guys next visit.

GL, Sounds good. Highly likely I will be there 3ish.

Asher, I have pencilled that into my diary. I'm dying to see your space ship in action.

After sampling what asher produced in his magical party keg last time, I'm certainly up for a meet :)

Plus I'm on holidays that week, so its all perfect for me

GL,
If your not going to be back in the in the country then. We can push it out a couple of weeks... Since you are bringing the beer....

Asher for now

Latest posts

Back