Better then Feral Hop Hog?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Major Arcana

Reaction score
Howdy Fellas,

I was at the Feral Brewery last Friday arvo and tried this here, god damn i am rating this over the Hop Hog, very smooth wheaty aftertaste along with the hops and the bitterness from the hop hog! I dare say probably the best beer i have had!! :)

WHITE-HOG_DECAL_BOTTLE1.jpg

WHITE-HOG_DECAL_BOTTLE1.jpg

Such a great place for a beer, but I couldn't disagree more.

Barrel fermented hog and tusk are better than the old faithful hop hog. White hog gets left behind in the dust as far as I'm concerned.

if you want some more of it, Feral are taking over the taps at Five Bar in Mt Lawley this evening

without even trying it, i'd disagree..

Wheat belongs in your breakfast bowl, not your beer glass :D

Hahaha yeah i did try the Barrel Fermented Hog, wasnt a big fan of the pine taste, but each their own and all that. :)

But yes it definitely is a great spot for a beer and not a bad feed there either!

Founders all day session IPA, like hop hog but better IMHO.

leighaus said:
without even trying it, i'd disagree..

Bollox.. Wheat is a great addition to an ipa, it should be a ninja addition though, you shouldn't taste it

I don't understand... its the same brewery? Just get a sixer of both? :chug:

leighaus said:
Wheat has a big big big place in brewing. I think there's a small country named Germany somewhere tucked away in Europe that might use a little bit of this to make the odd award winning beer here and there... :p

how many ******* versions of the hog do they need to do?

ive already had at least 3...

They can keep them coming as far as I'm concerned.

Barrel fermented tusk?

Latest posts

Back