Beta Version Linux Native Beersmith2

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chiller

Reaction score
If you guys aren't aware Brad has posted a link http://www.beersmith.com/download-beersmith/ to a beta testing version of Beersmith2 for Linux. We have been testing this for quite awhile and it is very solid "but" it is still beta. I have not encountered anything that causes my machine to disintegrate. In fact it is very solid. There is a known issue with printing but that is in hand.

Any issues you uncover can you let Brad know please.

Steve

Nice work!

I managed to get this installed on Slackware, runs nicely. Now to figure out how to use it properly.....

Awesome! Been waiting for a linux port of some decent brewing software(QBrew didn't really do it for me). Good work!

Installed fine on Ubuntu 11.10, am about to have a play around with some recipes.

Thats great news now I wont have to reboot every time I want to use beersmith, will try it out when I get home.

Is it a free application per most Linux stuff?

If so, I might be tempted to swap from running my Promash in either a VM or under Wine :)

Either way, I think I'll download and install under 11.1 just for the sake of having it.

Is it a free application per most Linux stuff?

If so, I might be tempted to swap from running my Promash in either a VM or under Wine :)

Either way, I think I'll download and install under 11.1 just for the sake of having it.
No, it's a .deb install, and needs to be activated/licenced just like the other OS versions of Beersmith.

For my purposes, it's great software, and I have no problems paying for it, and supporting it's ongoing development. YMMV.

Back