Best Option For Co2 In Perth

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well my CO2 cylinder finally ran out last week, after 8 months use. I got it from John back in April and it was one of the first ones he did for brewers. Way back then it was a rush job as he didn't have a lot of stock of good 2nd hand ones available and I needed it for a party so I just grabbed a 5kg steel one with the dip tube still fitted and used it upside down. I rang him last week and said I needed a fill and would he mind taking the dip tube out of it, no problem he said. When dropped it off I also asked if there was any chance of getting a screw down valve instead of the normal one, we'll have a look and see if there's anything that fits your cylinder was the reply. He gave me a call today all finished, dip tube removed with a 2nd hand screw down valve fitted for only $70 including the fill.

Note some cyclinders don't accept screw down valves it depends on the threads in the cylinder so if you want that option make sure you let them know when you buy a used extinguisher.

Awesome so I promised him some beer now I could dispense again

So once again support someone who is prepared to support us and make sure you take him some beer when you visit!!! :chug: :chug: :chug:

ausdb said:
Awesome so I promised him some beer now I could dispense again

So once again support someone who is prepared to support us and make sure you take him some beer when you visit!!! :chug: :chug: :chug:
[post="90840"][/post]​

My screw down valve version bottle is getting low, will have to visit soon.

Did he mention any preference for beer type?

Guest Lurker said:
My screw down valve version bottle is getting low, will have to visit soon.

Did he mention any preference for beer type?
[post="90855"][/post]​

I think he is english so one of your fine ales would probably be enjoyed.

For anyone interested...

Just ordered a CO2 cylinder off John at Eversafe.
For anyone wanting a bottle, Eversafe have a new number (1300 88 2044). Still ask to speak to John - he knows what you are talking about if you mention homebrew.

Got a 4.5kg ali cylinder with new screw down valve for $130. sounds good. Will be ready in a couple of days.

dougy

Hah! ...so it was you that rang him just before I did the other day.
It's between the quick and the dead around here!

I intentially waited a few months to call until a couple of minutes before you picked up the phone :)

What did you organise with him Vlad?

I noticed Roy @ TWOC had a length of high pressure gas line + fittings... the sort you use for refilling gas bottles on his shop counter when I was down there last week... He's getting into those smaller gas bottles and a refilling station.... Didn't ask him about $ though...

Asher for now

was there today and asked about getting bottles filled as per the kegking website says they do but Kim Roy daughter said they send em away so a exchange is whats happening there cause i have a brand new bottle and was just checking for future fills
drought

Back