Best Commercial Beer I Have Enjoyed

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sean....... . . . . .. . .H..........T..........F..........U.....

:blink:

You sick *******.....

Anything Cold and Wet...?

I thought i told you and Pat to stay away from Mrs Sqyre...
:angry: Mr Sqyre
I had another VB on friday night at dinner. Had nice beers presented at the 5* venue. No Coopers :(

Mrs Sqyre made the night memorable though. Nature's CC of course!

:D InCider.

Can't go past a Trumer Pils on a warm day.

Plus, Paulaner Munich on tap is fantastic.

Cheers

Knappstein Estate Special Reserve Larger, tried 50 beers for $5 the other day got to this stand and did not leave it.

JCG

Extra dry platinum triple filtered.
Because I never payed for one...
Jokes aside
It is the first Tooheys that taste like a good beer.
Nice round fruity flavour I couldn't pick the hops.
Best of big breweries any way.

As for the best all time, too hard, There are too many good ones.
Any Bavarian drop is nice

extra dry platinum and hops?
Houston we have a problem.

Macs Sassy Red at the moment, although if I could find enough of it Well's Bombadier (any ideas for a clone?) would be stocked in my fridge also.

Birra Moretti

Had one when I was in Italy, sitting on the footpath eating Carbonara out the front of of a little pasta restaurant in Florence. Best beer I have ever had. Never thought that title would go to an Italian beer. Nastro Azzurro (Peroni) would be up there too, also Italian.

Timothy Taylor Landlord Ale, on tap in ol' blighty last week.
Warm and flat - beer the way god intended it ;)

Haven't tried too many commercial beers of late, but if it qualifies as 'commercial' (to my mind it's commercial but doesn't fit the stereotype of course) but would have to be one of the best I have ever tried - Little Creatures Pale Ale at the Wheaty. Absobloodylutely wonderful, could drink it all day, fall over and get up and do it all again.
Which I might just do, as the Doc has just told me that my health scare induced alcohol ban has been lifted!!!! FKN AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm a free man again, look out beer taps here i come :lol:

I'd have to go with LCPA. I only recently tried it on tap. Awesome stuff from the bottle too.

i've been drinking all the Schofferhofer Hefes I can find....and in big wanky glasses.
Mac's Sassy Red was a good drop.
There's a new Wit at Vintage Cellars La Trappe i think - that was like the volume was on 1.
I even like to have a LCRogers at the Wheatie as a bit of a light before i get back into the heavy beers.

Timothy Taylor Landlord Ale, on tap in ol' blighty last week.
Warm and flat - beer the way god intended it ;)

Mmmmm, definately my fave. Is it as fruity out of the cask as a few have noted?

MMmmmmm english beers.

Out of the cask, warm and flat like a good ale should be. TTL, Speckled Hen, Black Sheep, Deuchars IPA, Newcastle Brown. So many memories. And change from 2 quid a pint.

Used to buy 6 different bottled ales a week when living in the mother country. Stored on top of the fridge. Partner kept trying to put them in the fridge for me telling me they are warm. Damn straight they're warm! :chug:

Moo Brews APA was probably the most recently purchased beer that I really enjoyed.

I've got to admit I'm confused by the warm/flat comments.

I drank a few beers whilst in the UK, and the only warm beer I received was a glhkriek.

I did have several flat beers, but very rarely on cask. Theres a big difference between something low in carbonation and flat. The flat examples were usually corked bottles such as Gales Prize Old Ale, Iceni Men of Norfolk and A le Coq (Harveys) Imperial Stout.

Infact, every time I tried TT Landlord it was quite high in carbonation. I also thought it was notorious for being a very lively beer in the cask?

Nice cold Coopers Stout on tap at Berri country club tavern was impressed after a hard day's work

I've got to admit I'm confused by the warm/flat comments.
"Warm and Flat" ;) usually said a bit tongue in cheek. Served at cellar temperature (10-12deg C), so it has more flavour, and less disolved CO2.
Most of us non-poms can't help but give a bit of stick about it not being icy cold, and fizzy as all hell. I spent the better part of 3 years over there trying in vain to convince both Aussie and UK mates of its merits.

- Duff, yes it was a very hoppy drop, bursting at the seems with flavour. Mmmmmm!
Well worth hunting down if you're over that way.

-Devo, the Moo Brew Pale Ale is a great local drop (although I did have one of these fancy little bottles explode in my bar fridge - not sure if the bottle design is as safe as it is stylish).

Knappstein reserve Lager and the trustworthy Hoegaarden

rook :beer:

"Warm and Flat" ;) usually said a bit tongue in cheek.

See thats one of the big problems with the stigma around cask ale. People continue to use "warm and flat" in a joking manner, but realistically it just keeps the myth going. I don't see how it helps the situation, but neither does the "old man" image of cask in general.

Mmmmm, definately my fave. Is it as fruity out of the cask as a few have noted?

Like any cask ale, that will depend entirely on the cellermans performance and age of the cask. A well kept example of TT Landlord shouldn't have loads of fruit-like malt flavours in my opinion, with the exception of the associated grassy citric flavour from the hops. If the turnover is not quick however, the flavour profile will change to become quite fruity like most other bitters. I have noted fruity pineapple like aromas several times though, which didn't follow through to the flavour.

Back