Beers of France

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockeye84

Reaction score
Hi all,

Continuing my last post. "Beers of England"

Not getting much beer love Paris. Heaps of commercial style light lager available. The most common Heineken, Atlas 7.2%Alc!!!, Stella, Carlsberg, 1664 and a few other lagers I can't recall. All pubs, cafe's & restaurants I've been to have 2 or 4 mainstream lagers on tap or in bottle & that's it. I'm yet to drink a nice malty or hoppy ale and or pilsner. Closest I've come is a can of leffe blonde from a deli/lunch bar, 1st time ive had leffe, didnt really enjoy it that much. I've found a list of places @ ratebeer.com that do apparently serve a range of beers but are miles away from where I'm staying. I'm not really too keen on wasting my holiday chasing down a awesome beer, just to be possibly disappointed. I know France is about wine, no duh right... Its Quite obvious when ya walk into a huge fully stocked liquor store right in the guts of Paris and there is no beer. I didn't really take this holiday to chase beer & I'm not trying st sound like winging prick, just being a beer nut I was hoping for a bonus of some locally made, easily accessable crackers. But no such luck.. I have since switched to vino! Few glasses yesterday with lunch and tea, magnifique!!!

Off to Italy next week, see what they have to offer..

Regards
Rocki

A lot of bars have leffe on tap, usually the best option. While in France you should try some Norman/Breton cidre, you can buy bottles most wine shops. Much better than anything you can get in Australia.
Young people in France are turning to beer much more than wine, they love to sit in outdoor cafes with a Stella in one of those nice beer glasses, it's all about the image. Maybe things will change there.

3 monts is awesome. Couldn't track down too many more in Aus. Maybe because of their wine and the fact all their neighbouring countries make great beers they don't push it. I would love to hear how you go.

Latest posts

Back