Best brewday ever, dissappointing result

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It always comes down to shipping, bum. Lots of free shipping within the US or Aus, bugger all free to NZ.

Now that I know that a glass hydrometer can withstand the 78ish temp, I'm quite happy with that...except that the bloody numbers always point away from me after a spin. :lol:

Nick JD said:
I save my money to spend on better things than beer making stuff. Also, you can make beer with $30 worth of equipment, I heard once.
Pfft, haven't you read the reams of evidence floating through teh interwebs? You make heaps better beer with a 3V HERMS than with a $30 pot. It's been, like, science-proved and stuff.

Err, I hope you don't put 80C wort in your plastic hydro tube. Done that, made a couple of tubes rather useless. Just take a 200ml ish sample and quickly chill it down first.

No, got a glass one. Was just worrying about it shattering and ruining an entire batch of beer. Looks like she'll be right.

i recently had the same problem.
it turned out that there was more to beersmith than i had thought.
once i had personalised my equipment and mash setting to match my own gear it came out spot on the OG.

Latest posts

Back