Beersmith 2

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coldspace

Reaction score
Hi,
I new to all grain, and have downloaded this from the net.
I have a good understanding on using this, but when I go to add grain, it only has us or uk grains.

Where do I find australian grains on this software or have I downloaded the wrong one?
Cheers

Look for the add on button in the tool bar, you can add profiles from there

Yeah, it doesn't have any Aussie grains, but you can add ingredients into the database. I've done this with a few ingredients I've had that aren't in it. If you go to the ingredients section on the sidebar and click on grain, you can add them through there.

Thanks guys,

And is there any list of aussie grains around on the net showing colour etc , or just ask at the brew shop as I buy them.

Cheers

There might be although I've never looked for one. Craftbrewer usually list the specs of the grains on their site though.

I can't paste in the link but if you search for Joe white malts beersmith you get a beersmith 1.4 site. This should work on beersmith 2. I think I did this, can't remember how I got the malts

Add them in as you buy them. Get the specs on ingredients any way. Its a good program as you can do this. Especially to your liking with your ingredients of latest stuff.
Ingredients change form year to year, season to season.

Tks guys,

I'll start adding them. Just thought there was another list I was missing.

Cheers

Click this button
BS1.PNG

Then click this button
BS2.PNG

Crew...

Just started using beersmith 2 (as opposed to beersmith1) and need some help....

I want my post boil vol to be 68L @ 1.060(4 x 17L cubes)

I then add 12L's of water when i ferment the beers so my real batch size is 80L's at about 1.050ish and not 68L @ 1.060ish. Its doing my head in and i cant work it out!

Dont have it in front of me right now, but...

Have you created an equipment profile?
From memory there is a 'fermenter top up' variable in there.

If its not in there, it will either be in the Mash or Fermentation tabs in the recipe.

FYI someone posted a "recipe" on the cloud share with all of the Gladfield grains. From there you an add it to your ingredients option and use it from then on. Saves a butt load of time on the mobile device.

n87 said:
Dont have it in front of me right now, but...

Have you created an equipment profile?
From memory there is a 'fermenter top up' variable in there.

If its not in there, it will either be in the Mash or Fermentation tabs in the recipe.
Yea in equip profile it does have under Fermenter/Bottling a spot for top up water which i enter 12L's in but then it changes my Post boil Litres to 80L @ 1.050ish when i still want it to be 68L@ 1.060ish...Thanks for the heads up tho n87!

I just use the closest sounding grain and then adjust the colour etc when I add it. same with hops and IBU. Then I cut and past the actual ingredient order from the craftbrewer website into the notes so I know exactly what brands of malt went into the beer.

Not much help but I use the fermenter top up water value in the equipment profile and it works for me so there must be some other setting causing the problem.

Cheers guys, yea makes sense that i should put 12L top up water under the fermentation tab still no idea why it changes my post boil to 80L's though...

Fents said:
Cheers guys, yea makes sense that i should put 12L top up water under the fermentation tab still no idea why it changes my post boil to 80L's though...
because your post-boil is 80L?
Post boil meaning after boil... you are adding water after the boil.. therefore post-boil!

Latest posts

Back