Beerkat - Kegs & Growlers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there an interchangeable dip tube or barb to draw the liquid up for the different height vessels?

I am also interested in the dual ball lock head as I already have taps and portable gas equipment.

fdsaasdf said:
Is there an interchangeable dip tube or barb to draw the liquid up for the different height vessels?

I am also interested in the dual ball lock head as I already have taps and portable gas equipment.
Hi there Fdsaasdf, you use different length tube depending upon your keg size. The tube fits onto the barb underneath the spear and the liquid is drawn up when the keg is pressurized. We provide the tube with the tap systems. We hope to get a delivery date in the next day or two in regards to the double ball lock spears so we can put them on the website for backorders.

Beerkat Pty Ltd said:
D80 sorry for the delay, the spears will be $65 on their own & the regulators will be $33 on their own. We will add the double ball lock spears to the website tonight as a backorder item and also add the regulators as a single item for you. I am waiting on confirmation of delivery date for the double ball locks but we anticipate Mid February.
Keen to get my order in ;) ;)

damoninja said:
Keen to get my order in ;) ;)
Hi damonija we are just adding those items onto our site. Unfortunately our delivery of double ball locks will not be arriving until late February however you can preorder with the AHB10% discount anytime this month if you wish :)

Beerkat Pty Ltd said:
Hi damonija we are just adding those items onto our site. Unfortunately our delivery of double ball locks will not be arriving until late February however you can preorder with the AHB10% discount anytime this month if you wish :)
If I ordered a mini keg with the picnic tap and a backorder of the double ball lock head I assume I would have to wait until late Feb before getting the mini keg? If so I might order separately.

EDIT: Looks like it's free shipping on both so should be right to order separately :D

just confirming that the 10% lasts until the end of Jan?
my cc got hacked so I need to wait for the new one to arrive in the post before ordering :)

mstrelan said:
If I ordered a mini keg with the picnic tap and a backorder of the double ball lock head I assume I would have to wait until late Feb before getting the mini keg? If so I might order separately.

EDIT: Looks like it's free shipping on both so should be right to order separately :D

If you're in our courier metro zone you should get free shipping. If your happy to place two orders we can definitely ship the keg and tap to you straight away

mstrelan said:

Liam_snorkel said:
just confirming that the 10% lasts until the end of Jan?
my cc got hacked so I need to wait for the new one to arrive in the post before ordering :)
Liam_snorkel said:
just confirming that the 10% lasts until the end of Jan?my cc got hacked so I need to wait for the new one to arrive in the post before ordering :)

It sure does. But get in touch if you need longer, we'll sort you out You can also do an offline payment via bank transfer you just choose this payment method at check out.

Thanks, $65 is a little more than I was expecting for the spear but I'll think about it... Will there be any further products added to the site soon?

fdsaasdf said:
Thanks, $65 is a little more than I was expecting for the spear but I'll think about it... Will there be any further products added to the site soon?
We have a few items in the works at the moment I'll keep you posted as they become avaialable. We have tried to keep our prices as competitive as we can and also include metro shipping.

Wish I hadnt got my Sodastream mini reg adapter from iKegger now. I could have saved $4 :blink:

Hi Beerkat,
Could you add an item for a complete double ball lock head unit with disconnects, reg and tap thanks?
They are retailing for $100-110 at other places.
I bought a keg for a xmas gift and they would like to upgrade from the black plastic top.
I would like to buy another keg and some bits at he same time to take advantage of the 10% off and free keg cooler offer.
Thanks alot.

I don't like it when others get free shipping and I don't.

Not Beerkats fault I guess but if your not a city brewer you miss out.

BJB said:

I'm sure the premium us city folk pay for our tiny blocks of land makes up for a few bucks extra spent on shipping.

BJB said:

i bought a $20 neoprene sleeve and got free postage to Cairns!

Redman9 said:
Hi Beerkat,
Could you add an item for a complete double ball lock head unit with disconnects, reg and tap thanks?
They are retailing for $100-110 at other places.
I bought a keg for a xmas gift and they would like to upgrade from the black plastic top.
I would like to buy another keg and some bits at he same time to take advantage of the 10% off and free keg cooler offer.
Thanks alot.
We sure can, we've been working on adding this an some other options over the weekend. Hopefully these will be on by tomorrow. I anticipate these will be $99 with the same regulator, ball locks & taps as per our existing spears this will just have the double ball lock head.

BJB said:

It's unfortunate that courier shipping costs are so high. We try and keep these as low as possible for our customers and only pass on $10 flat rate shipping (most other companies charge $15/$16) however it does cost us more than double that to ship to non metro locations. If you have a mate nearby you may be able to combine your orders and order together to split the cost.

Latest posts

Back