Beer Tasting Glasses?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WeaselEstateBrewery

Reaction score
Hi Chaps (and chap-ettes)

I am inviting a few friends over for a tasting sesh - anyone found decent tasting glasses? Would like to get 200ml (or less) sized glasses, similar to what they have at bier festivals. Hard plastic or glass would be preferable.

I've got a few that I've collected over the years from brewery tours and beer festivals in the US.
These are my fav though.
Stone_sampler.jpg

Beers,
Doc

AFAIK bowls clubs and RSLs still have the old 200 ml glasses for the poor old buggers who can't handle a middy or schooner any more. They may be able to put you on to a supplier if you talk to a providor. Plenty of old buggers on the Northern Beaches, I'm related to a few :lol: :lol:

Edit: hey, won a few bucks and had a nice dinner at the Forestville RSL earlier this year.

The glasses that come free with a case of Bitburger (admittedly 250ml) are much more stylish than a 7oz 'pony'.

Check your $2 shops... I managed to pick up a bunch of 'pot' size glasses pretty cheaply. Use them for my 'tasting' sessions with friends and family.

Brendo

I purchased a dozen ponies from a local restaurant supplier for a couple of dollars each. These hold 150 ml of beer if you leave 15mm for the head. They are ideal at brewer gatherings where there usually so many great beers that unless considerable restraint is shewn, u rely on someone taking you home in a wheelbarrow.

Red Cross,Vinnies and your friends here, I picked up a dozen 7oz or butchers as they are called in SA, 20 cents each.

Just the size for a big nights sampling.

Batz

Hey guys,

Thanks for the tips, I shall go shopping! OR...I might steal some of the Bitburger freebies when my local bottle shop attendant is distracted elsewhere ;-)

BribieG...have been at Forestville for almost two years and haven't even been to the RSL yet, shameful!!

did you get the glasses while in the states doc? doesnt seem they post internationally, i would also love some of their growlers........ they look awesome.

is there anywhere peope have purchased similar growlers????

did you get the glasses while in the states doc? doesnt seem they post internationally, i would also love some of their growlers........ they look awesome.

FAQ
9. How do I place an International or order to an APO address?

Please email our Merchandise Coordinator at [email protected]. Please include the items you are interested in ordering as well as a billing/shipping address. A shipping quote will be processed in order to give you a total order amount including shipping costs. You can submit your payment information after the order cost and confirmation is sent to you.

I purchased a dozen ponies from a local restaurant supplier for a couple of dollars each. These hold 150 ml of beer if you leave 15mm for the head. They are ideal at brewer gatherings where there usually so many great beers that unless considerable restraint is shewn, u rely on someone taking you home in a wheelbarrow.

A pony should only hold 140mL. I'm a big fan of butchers, the squat curvy ones. Perfect tasting glasses.

It's a bit of a hike for you, but worth it - the Lobethal Bierhaus in the Adelaide Hills sells 2L Growlers of fantastic beers. I'm sure someone in Adelaide would be glad to drive up there, buy one, drink the beer, and send the bottle to to you if you were willing to pay. :icon_cheers:

A pony should only hold 140mL. I'm a big fan of butchers, the squat curvy ones. Perfect tasting glasses.

That extra 10 mL is really going to knock your socks off with its revolutionary ways.

FDS.

I allways swing by op shops and red cross, salvation army etc looking for glasses, 90% of the time find something awesome! Last time i found a 1.25litre glass stein albeit budweiser and too big to actually use regularly, but it looks nice in my collection B)

Latest posts

Back