Beer Lines Gas Lines Everywhere

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumpy

Pumpy's Brewery.
Reaction score
I only have four kegs and it seems like the fridge is full of spaghetti

I wonder if there is a neater way :blink:

Pumpy :)

DSC04517.JPG

hahaha yes, I know just what you mean pumpy. Does drive a tad nuts sometimes and I always keep planning in my head the next keg fridge over haul but never seem to get around to it.

I only have four kegs and it seems like the fridge is full of spaghetti

I wonder if there is a neater way
Pumpy

Hi Pumpy,

I was at MAH's place a few years ago and he had solved the problem by doing away with the hard "beva" beer lines and used soft plastic beer line.
I came home and put some of the same line on my fridge tap and my pluto hand gun. - Voila!!! no more fighting with the lines.

MAH had multiple taps and his set up was very neat because the beer lines didnt have a mind of their own. :lol: so they could be arranged neatly.

The beer side of a keg set up should only be relatively low pressure so this type of hose is fine.
I would imagine that there may be many who will reply to this topic to the contrary but in my case it works fine.

Hope this helps
:beer:

So I am not alone Devo :)

Dicko Soft beer line must check them out

Just at a quick glance Pumpy, looks like you need some non-return valves on them there lines....but what a bloody clean fridge, i'm gonna take a picture of mine tommorrow and you guys are gonna PUKE!!!!

I don't see any problems there, Pumpy. Unless you're particularly anal, it looks completely manageable to me.

You might try fixing the hose to the walls of the fridge, like fixed conduit, but it'd mean a real PITA if you had to change any line.

DOD I cleaned it up a bit for the pic

PM Having structured conduit lines attached to the walls of the fridge is a good idea, there is a little self adhesive square plastic they call them 'Cable tie mounts' which can be attached to the wall and then thread the cable ties through.

cabletiemountb.jpg

Pumpy, I thought you were on top of new advancements in beer plumbing.
You have to upgrade to lineless (like going from wired to wireless). :beerbang:

Doc

PM Having structured conduit lines attached to the walls of the fridge is a good idea, there is a little self adhesive square plastic they call them 'Cable tie mounts' which can be attached to the wall and then thread the cable ties through.

They look tops! Just be sure they'll handle the coolness and inevitable condensation. Would be a bitch to clean mould out of!

Doc

Bandwidth tolerable, latency terrible.

I use clips with plastic suction cups to attach to the inside of the fridge. They are available from Bunnings at about $7 for 50(?) of them. They are marketed as fairy-light clips. They work really well if you have softer, bendier line, as the harder lines are too rigid and pull the suction cups off the wall of the fridge.

Doc

:blink: MMMM I think I have seen something similar watching "Doctor Who" on TV

But Craftbrewer , Mashmaster , or Grape and Grain say the new 'lineless beer and gas line' will be in stock ,however they are not are expecting them in until September 2047 .

Meanwhile I will just have to fight to get the 'Octopus' back into to fridge or find another place for my hops . ;)

They look tops! Just be sure they'll handle the coolness and inevitable condensation. Would be a bitch to clean mould out of!
Bandwidth tolerable, latency terrible.

I use clips with plastic suction cups to attach to the inside of the fridge. They are available from Bunnings at about $7 for 50(?) of them. They are marketed as fairy-light clips. They work really well if you have softer, bendier line, as the harder lines are too rigid and pull the suction cups off the wall of the fridge.

Insight these sound like a winner the suction cups would overcome Post Moderns concern regarding cleaning thanks for that Bunnings here I come for Fairy light clips to Bunnings my favourite shop.

'Fairy light clips' MMMMM this is not like Docs 'Lineless ' :unsure:

If you use the wireless beer lines; just make sure a fly doesn't get in the fridge...

It almost takes a second person to hold the octopus back when putting the 4th keg in the keggerator. I like the idea of soft lines that will go where you want them.

Digging this one up, can you get soft gas line? im constantly knocking my gas bottle over in the keg fridge because of the hard gas lines, i have to be real careful with em. Or would the pressure harden the lines up anyway...?

Know the problem well Pumpy!

I've got 6 kegs in an upright freezer dispensing through one tap. I've recently updated the whole job purely because of the problem you've brought up. Unfortunately it's hard for me to take pics as my freezer has a wall about 1m opposite so I can't stand far enough back for pics. Here is one though that shows me half-way through the upgrade...

Wish I could show you more pics but the whole set-up works really well now. Cost a fortune mainly due to the JG one-way valves I installed after my last brew day where two kegs I had waiting to go in a comp had Schwartzbier drained into them - lol.

Anyway the JG fittings work well and never leak. The beer manifold I have which allows six beers to go through one tap is probably not food-grade or designed for beer but I'll deal with that later. It works well for now and saves me having six taps sticking out the side of my fridge!

The aluminium shelves* are 5mm thick and bent that way as I have those damn Morgan 23lt kegs (cost a bomb) and so space is tight. I also use stem elbows going out my disconnects to also allow better use of space. While these fittings are great, the cost adds up. But, it's nice to get things right.

The cable holders are brilliant too as some of the guys above have mentioned.

I also use these cable holders to dry out beer lines so as they hang vertically. Probably the only worthwhile things I have ever got from Bunnings - lol!

Spot ya!
Pat

* Doogiechap was the instigator of that idea. Thanks Doogie!

Latest posts

Back