Beer Labels And Logos

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MAN! What a long thread!
I sure loved the labels. Wish I was that good.
I did give a bottle of 21.4% AVB All-Grain Beer to Ant when I met him.
I call it Cause of DEATH.
Here is my attempt at a label. Kinda plain

cause_of_death.jpg

just remember its not the size of the dog in the fight its the fight in the dog

I've seen the hellhounds - pack of sooks if you ask me.

I reckon your ball of fluff would have em!

RM

most likely she harasses german shepherds and the such

Been reading the various beer label posts with interest. Does anybody actually get to print these labels on their own home printers. If so, what paper is used and are special inks installed in the printer? I find anything I print smears the moment it comes into contact with moisture. No doubt because the normal inks are water based.

Merrick

Just use a layer of clear contact under the paper lable and one over it to flod it in place.

the clear contact is water resistant and prevents the ink from smudging.

What I do, is print out one sheet and take it to a copy place (office depot here) and get a few color copies.
They do not run when they get wet and they are usually on a good grade of paper also.

First go at a logo with a couple of different varieties (never done a gif before, hope it works). Stole some ideas off Franko's various labels, hope you don't mind.

'Ad Astra' because my little 2 year old always wants me to kick the football straight up or as he says 'kick to the stars!' and a Guinness ad had "let the beer see the sky' which i also quite liked.

Colonel Pye because that is the name of the farm where I live and brew and also the location of the panoramic photo in the background.

ColonelPyev3_Golden.gif

First go at a logo with a couple of different varieties (never done a gif before, hope it works). Stole some ideas off Franko's various labels, hope you don't mind.

'Ad Astra' because my little 2 year old always wants me to kick the football straight up or as he says 'kick to the stars!' and a Guinness ad had "let the beer see the sky' which i also quite liked.

Colonel Pye because that is the name of the farm where I live and brew and also the location of the panoramic photo in the background.
View attachment 14739

:beer: nice label and place to live

Gawd, it's a bit intimidating to post my poor little logo in amongst such professional rivals, but here goes (well, mark 1 anyway).

north_melb3.png

s'ok, my labels rarely get fancier than this:

FourSaisons.png

printed 33 to a page.

Doesn't need to be fancy to get the message across.

Reminds me of a song lyric...

Been reading the various beer label posts with interest. Does anybody actually get to print these labels on their own home printers. If so, what paper is used and are special inks installed in the printer? I find anything I print smears the moment it comes into contact with moisture. No doubt because the normal inks are water based.

Merrick

i get mine printed on a laser printer by the missus at her work on plain paper and stick them with watered down PVA glue for easy removal , granted they are only black and white , but they dont run like the inkjet ones i first tried ...

if you have color ones laser works good too ,comes out much clearer than inkjet....

Well, I finally pulled my finger out and designed a logo of my own. Very simple, but I like it. What do you guys think?

Pale_Ale.jpg

Cheers

HK

Homekegger,

I really like that one. Post a photo up here when you stick it to a bottle. I reckon it will look awesome.

Thommo.

label looks great , pity bout that other picture you have there....

Can you do rounds aswell

can I send you Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop files at 300DPI and 600DPI

Franko

why dont we have a label comp? get doc and the moderators to act as judges?

bit of fun, and be able to see the creative side of brewers

Franko, i am new to brewing and had an idea to design some sort of logo to stick on bottles and hopefully later put on tap fonts when i begin kegging (in the not too distant future). I was totally blown out of the water when i searched for logos on this forum and came up with this thread. Some of these designs are absolutely first class. I am in awe of these creations you have come up with. I have a few ideas for a logo and a name for my "brewery" (if you can call it that yet). I was wondering if you can help me and what do ask for assistance in return?????

Franko, i am new to brewing and had an idea to design some sort of logo to stick on bottles and hopefully later put on tap fonts when i begin kegging (in the not too distant future). I was totally blown out of the water when i searched for logos on this forum and came up with this thread. Some of these designs are absolutely first class. I am in awe of these creations you have come up with. I have a few ideas for a logo and a name for my "brewery" (if you can call it that yet). I was wondering if you can help me and what do ask for assistance in return?????

join the cue mattC, theres a few of us already waitin patiently for franko to knock up logos etc etc .... let him know your interested(via PM ??) and im sure he will add you to the list

Here's a pretty basic one I made the other day for my "brewery".
l_9b0f0e90680d6998a9705cb02e5e324c.jpg

The shadow is a bit unnessesary, I might get rid of that.

Latest posts

Back