Beer Labels And Logos

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The latest brewery label, need some beer labels next. Design thanks to local Aaron Lodder Design.

INSPECTORS%20POCKET%20BREWERY_zpsrvpahdmc.png

I have a beerfest every year. 9 taps plus the handpump. Gar (member on here - general signs is the business www.generalsigns.com.au )
So, 10 beers, 3 brewers, spit etc.
He printed these up for me and they look superb. 4 new beers this year, 6 favourites.
Here are the new labels.
The Hand Harvest.jpg

Craig's Summer Pride.jpg

Highlands Original.jpg

Celtic.jpg

For those interested in another avenue of labels/logos, BYO had a great little article in their latest edition about transferring and sealing your designs from A4 laser printed paper onto beer caps.

Got my gear from the craft/hobby shop the other day so maybe tomorrow I'll take a crack at some.

http://ow.ly/jm5s300FFrR (link to BYO - shortened from my social media software)

I'm looking to label some of my bottles, but no idea where to start.

My idea is to have a very generic label for ALL of my beers and then indicate what they are using the bottle caps (e.g. having IPA printed on the cap). This is mainly because I'm new to brewing and my beers aren't consistent yet (I can't guarantee that my 7% IPA recipe will come out at 7%!!).

How do you all print them? Is there a place to get them printed quite easily? What about bottle caps?

I like the idea of the vinyl type that are waterproof, so they stay fairly in tact with re-use. My first designs are really basic like this:

View attachment BK Label.pdf

Putting some effort into this currently... man it's consumed some hours..

and here is a image of a review.. clearly not going forward with PET though... photo credit to Phil G

Old now but these are 2 of the only 3 brews I bothered to design labels for because they were wedding gifts

Were a hit amongst guests

891_15_12_14_7_05_13.jpeg

891_15_12_14_7_04_17.jpeg

My first go.... doesnt have the fancyness of all yours...
Going to be chrissie presents

Biere de Garde 2016.jpg

[Redirected - thanks n87 for the directions]

I don't typically bother with labeling my bottles, I mean, I drink most of it so what's the point? But I did a batch of Christmas Ale for pressies for family and friends this year so thought I better get creative and do some labels. Fairly happy with the result:

IMG_1883_zpsiqozdyrx.jpg

80_hi_zpsry9kttv5.jpg

Meant to be like a knitting pattern for a Christmas themed woolen jumper. (It was going to say 'Christmas Ale', but Christmas is such a goddam long word.)

I actually quite enjoyed the process and might do a few more in future.

Here's my update post of labels done up since last time, well - some of the better ones anyway.
I've started a different design for bottles (as you will notice) and kept the same for the taps (mostly circular designs).

Some original artwork from scratch, others grabbed from elsewhere and added to make what I want.

AHA Altbier-01.jpgAustralianIPA-01.jpgOktoberfestbier-01.jpgTasty as Helles-01.jpg

Berliner Weisse - Mixed Berry-02.jpg Displaced1-02.jpg
O'Reilly's Red-02.jpg Sucks Peck - Bottle-02.jpg

Perks of being a signwriter, can design labels and print them easily.

First draft which I'm sure I'll change once I run out anyways.

I wanted something a bit more vibrant than my first quick easy label system so that when I give a few away they will know something about it, as opposed to "Brew #". "Abv%"!

tmp_31040-Beer Label (1)950315077.jpg

tmp_32654-Screenshot_20170217-131526_1-439139523.jpg

tmp_2237-received_10158033624145002-1959483286.jpeg

That's not signwriting...

When I did my trade we used paint and brushes.

But that was a very long time ago in another lifetime.

Yeah, not going to get into that one :p
There's a whole multitude of reasons for and against both the traditional and new.

I was hoping to do more brushwork than I have done on the job, but I delve into reverse glass painting and gilding at home.

As a naive kid getting into I said " at least a computer can't paint so it won't take my job".

In the for years it took to finish my apprenticeship computer cut vinyl lettering was ever where.

I've been out of the trade for about 25 plus years. It was an art what some of the old timers could do.

a lot of todays signage is laid out/cut out by untrained people who have aquired a vinyl cutter from somewhere, people who have no idea of laying out a sign and who wouldn't know their arse from their elbow about signage. The days of the brushies were the days of professional sign writers

Can sympathise with this, I worked for a while 'back in the day' as a cartographer - and we relied on hand drawing our line work from air photos on plastic overlays (chinograph or ink rapidographs) or straight onto topographic maps.

Nowadays it's all done on the computer with a click of the button.... hardly anyone carries topo maps anymore it's all GPS.

Back