Beer Labels And Logos

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been thinking about labeling ideas too, and have been thinking along the lines of a reusable one.
I don't know what the exact name of the product is, but it's the vinyl sticker stuff that you normally find in kids sticker type activity packs. Where they can stick these vinyl stickers onto windows and then peel them back off.
I haven't tried to see how these go on bottles and under refrigerated conditions and condensation as Finite has mentioned above. Or even if this vinyl product can be printed onto easily without ink running.
I've been trying to find somewhere that sells it, preferably in A4 sheets, to do some tests.

Ed: Finally found out what the stuff is called, Static Cling :p . 3M make two similar products Static Cling and Removable Vinyl.
Looks as though both products will withstand the low temperatures.

Finite/Franko et al,
On behalf of all of those who've been branded and are about to be branded, we thank you! :beer:

It's almost worth going back to bottling to print your own labels! :ph34r:

Cheers,
TL

Finite or Franko, how do you get the text to curve around. I am trying to use warp, but it doesn't seem to bend it to the shape I want. I think I need a text along path function, but can't find out how to do it. This is on CS2

Finite or Franko, how do you get the text to curve around. I am trying to use warp, but it doesn't seem to bend it to the shape I want. I think I need a text along path function, but can't find out how to do it. This is on CS2

Select the pen tool (p) and draw the shapw you want by clicking and draging to bend the path to the shape you want. (you can go back if you make a mistake by using the history palette).

Then select the text tool and hold it over the newly created path, the icon will change to a "T" with a line trough it. Click and you will be able to type on the path and change the text as usual.

I made up a quick example in photoshop for you which might help you understand better. (I always find images explain things so much better than words)

Step 1:

step1.jpg

Step 2:

step2.jpg

Hope this helps, dont hesitate to ask any questions if you have problems.

Edit: Yeah and spell path right :rolleyes:

I've been thinking about labeling ideas too, and have been thinking along the lines of a reusable one.
I don't know what the exact name of the product is, but it's the vinyl sticker stuff that you normally find in kids sticker type activity packs. Where they can stick these vinyl stickers onto windows and then peel them back off.
I haven't tried to see how these go on bottles and under refrigerated conditions and condensation as Finite has mentioned above. Or even if this vinyl product can be printed onto easily without ink running.
I've been trying to find somewhere that sells it, preferably in A4 sheets, to do some tests.

Ed: Finally found out what the stuff is called, Static Cling :p . 3M make two similar products Static Cling and Removable Vinyl.
Looks as though both products will withstand the low temperatures.

Very interesting Chad. If you decide to try this out, put it though its paces and please let me know how it works out im very interested as it would save lots of time.

Also let us know how much a packet costs :beerbang:

Thanx Finite :beerbang:, just what I needed. Here is my work in progress. Being a McIntosh, I had to make up one with the family tartan and emblem. Might chase down the coat of arms.

McIntosh_Breweries_example.jpg

I am starting to really enjoy this. Here is my new creation.
*Edit* Newer version of image added. Now says Highly Hopped Ale.

Stilt_Pickers_Highly_Hopped_Ale.jpg

Nice one macr. How about Highly Hopped Ale?
Thanx Stutster. I was debating whether Highly or Heavily Hopped Ale would be better and by your feedback, then yes it would. I will change. 1 minutes work. All I need now is to produce work of the quality of :super: <I'm not worthy> Franko and Finite </I'm not worthy> :super:

Thats a great effort macr. For someone whos new to creating graphics and using photoshop, it looks fantastic. Love the stilts one!

Thanx Finite. Must say you guys inspired me! I must confess I know a little bit about photoshop, but mainly to do with photo work, not making graphics. I taught my self most things by trial and error, then passed it onto my better half. She was using it for uni assignments for Architecture. Then she spent a year in a firm between degrees and learnt a heap more, so she taught that back to me last night (The nipple tweaker was the result). Today I spent most of the day learning and playing with different functions. My better half just got home and she likes the Scottish ale one best.
All this in one day who would of thunk it!

Um maybe I'm not as smart as I thought I was. Back to the drawing board. Sorry fellas.

I am getting a corrupted file and cannot view it? Can you save the image as a .jpg?

Doesnt appear as clean as the others not sure why. It looks blotchy. Prints ok though.

Doesnt appear as clean as the others not sure why. It looks blotchy. Prints ok though.

Its fine, the image is so large that your browser automaticly resizes it to fit on the screen, If you hold your mouse over it with firefox it will turn into a magnifying glass with a '+' and you can see it big

If your using IE then hold your mouse still over thte picture and a icon will appear in the bottom right, click on that icon and it will go full size.

Thanks finite - yourself and franko have been really helpful with this.

To all the graphic experts - Cheers!

Just found this....

Check out this site for lots of different papers, sticker sheets, vinyl films that are laser or inkjet compatible. Lots of options there....

Cheers

Latest posts

Back