Beer In Bali

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those venturing further afield from the typical destinations of Kuta & Seminyak, there is a gigantic variety store chain called Hardy's in Sanur, and also Singaraja in the northwest for anyone heading to Lovina, and their supermarket section sells a surprising variety of beers, including a few stouts. They even carry ginger beer. Much more to choose from than just Storm and Bintang.

Nice thats good info, is there a hardys in the south near nusa dua or ulawatu?

Cant help you with supermarkets, but I seriously disliked the main tourist areas. Thats why I left to Ubud (still very touristy, but less cheesy) then left Bali for the Gili Islands. I really wish I knew about these before my trip. So much better than the rest. If you havent 'booked and paid' your entire holiday try to get there. No motors. All donkey and foot power on the islands. Beers are the standard though, but I really enjoyed a Bintang after a hot day snorkelling, diving, swimming and walking. DJ_L if youre really interested in the Gilis, pm me and I'll give you all the must know hints and tips. You can get ripped off a bit if youre not careful.

Thanks mckenry, will PM you for future reference, sadly though I'm "locked and loaded" for a wedding! At least we're on the 'nicer' side of Bali, kinda. I still enjoy the odd booze/rip my shirt off session though so good to be a motorbike away from kuta :p

EDIT: you're inbox is full mckenry?

DJ_L3ThAL said:
Thanks mckenry, will PM you for future reference, sadly though I'm "locked and loaded" for a wedding! At least we're on the 'nicer' side of Bali, kinda. I still enjoy the odd booze/rip my shirt off session though so good to be a motorbike away from kuta :p

EDIT: you're inbox is full mckenry?
Ive deleted some messages. Not sure if you need to resend or whether it will arrive now?

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1438595250.220667.jpg

Best I could do; other than bintang.

got back from Bali in July, Beer and Co in kuta are a great lil bottle shop in kuta that you can sit down and have a beer at. Leffe, some german beers and some stouts plus some other ones i didn't get to try. Hit them up and ask for Brangas, he will sort you out :)

jimmy_jangles said:
got back from Bali in July, Beer and Co in kuta are a great lil bottle shop in kuta that you can sit down and have a beer at. Leffe, some german beers and some stouts plus some other ones i didn't get to try. Hit them up and ask for Brangas, he will sort you out :)
I can't fathom drinking a stout in 30c+!

I found Panther Stout by Bali Hai Brewery to be surprisingly refreshing in the heat

Yep Stark is a big let down! Had it at their "brewpub" (more like a disco) on legian st the other week. Had the wheat & lager. Wheat from the tap was horrible under carbed & under fermented. Lager from the bottle reminded me of tooheys blue label- and that's being nice! The local Carlsberg seemed to be the best fallback brew for me. I wonder why no one has opened a pub in Bali like the great beer bar/taps in KL or Mikkeller in Bangkok. 100% of their beers are imported ales and lagers and seem to do good business. Must be some indo laws/monopoly preventing someone starting a proper brew house in Bali otherwise it would be a license to print $$/rp!

Just arrived in Ubud and was going to try and track down a decent beer but I think I'll give the Mrs a break from beer adventures for the holiday. Already dragged her out to several beer venues on our Perth stopover.

I saw erdinger weisse for $15 at the supermarket!!!!

Back