Beer Glass Obsession

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete2501

Reaction score
I love my beer glasses gents. I've got dimple ones, standard pub pint glasses, speciality beer glasses ie. Duvel, Lwenbru, Redback(old and new), James Squire.

I even bought a tiny glass for tastings. It's so cute I love it.

My favourite session glass though is a schooner (about 425ml). It's a nice weight in the hand and still enough in the glass to keep you from topping up all the time. I also got a couple pint glasses with handles from Wheel and Barrow which are great. Some times I prefer the handle style glasses if I think things are going to get a bit pissy.

Piccys will follow soon once I get home. This post has been brewing inside me for a while now and it had to be posted.

I too am obsessed with beer glasses, although I don't have a huge amount, but I'm working on that. I'm also obsessed with beer bottles, about 4-5 years ago I decided to keep a bottle (empty of couse) of every brew I've tried, good and bad. I now have quite alot of beer bottles on display in my fermenting room/study, that much in fact I'll now have to start getting rid of the beers that were crappy.

I'm not obsessed, I just occassionally buy, get, appropriate. I've given up largely on the five finger discount method of collecting, half the time places in Europe would just give us one when we asked anyway...

I don't consider myself a collector, or this would probably be a lot bigger.
These are a few months old too, the collection has expanded further and spilled over onto the book/beer shelf beside these.

These are just the collection too, the drinking glasses are a cupboard in themselves...

glasses1.jpg
glasses2.jpg

Meanwhile, on the other end of the spectrum, I've only got 2 or 3 beer glasses in the cupboards. Its a little embarressing when you've offered a homebrew to someone and then can't actually give it to them in a beer glass. However, the 4 old school glass beer jugs does partially make up for it.

I'm not obsessed, I just occassionally buy, get, appropriate. I've given up largely on the five finger discount method of collecting, half the time places in Europe would just give us one when we asked anyway...

These are a few months old too, the collection has expanded further and spilled over onto the book/beer shelf beside these.

These are just the collection too, the drinking glasses are a cupboard in themselves...

I'm going to show the missus those photos..."see....it could be worse than it is now...". Thanks Ben!

Nice Stiefel!

I'm going to show the missus those photos..."see....it could be worse than it is now...". Thanks Ben!

Nice Stiefel!

Ditto. I'm showing the misses that my 20 or so isn't that bad.

View attachment 36836
View attachment 36837

And this is why I need another few years before I show my small collection on this thread. :p
Cheers bconnery. :icon_cheers:

T

LOL, nice work Ben!

My collection pales in comparison, but I will say that some thorough op-shopping will definitely rectify that discrepansy!

Cheers!

I have one duvel glass, one delerium tremens glass, two $1 pot glasses and about 5 stolen pint glasses.

Not much of a collection but I aim to change that one day.

Only if you live in the BIG CITY Nickyboy. ;)

T
'Sif Pete! Picked up 3 x XXXX 'Our Beer', 2 x Grolsch, 2 x pony, 1x Hahn Light Pils, 3 x chalice style plain and a dimpled pint mug from the local op-shops for almost $3 a fortnight ago.... :p Oh, and when I was living in Noosa, well lets just say I got most of my glassware ;)

Cheers!

so far around 22 glasses all differnt from wiessen to i litre mass to imperial pints ect and i have also around 16 german beer steins now the lastest is beer tap handles so far i have 9 imported ones and af ew more im bidding on this hobbi is getting bigger need room for glasses so im still looking

I used to have 12 full size moving boxes full of glasses but most were duplicates ie 7 of one type 6 of another etc etc. I gave most away and just kept singles. Will be putting them on display when I get the mancave more ready. Will post pics.

'Sif Pete! Picked up 3 x XXXX 'Our Beer', 2 x Grolsch, 2 x pony, 1x Hahn Light Pils, 3 x chalice style plain and a dimpled pint mug from the local op-shops for almost $3 a fortnight ago.... :p Oh, and when I was living in Noosa, well lets just say I got most of my glassware ;)

Cheers!

WOW! Maybe I have the wrong end of the stick there? Good luck in the future re your collection Nick. :super:

T

:icon_offtopic:

ADVERTISEMENT, ADVERTISEMENT. --- I am VERY short of DECENT Pommy beer glasses for my collection so if anyone has a surplus they want to get rid of please PM me with links to your pics.

T

oki doki brisbane glass lovers?

i did a bit of a clean up of the beer glasses this arvo and have a few beauties up for offer if your keen n feel the need ??

i would prefer to go as one job lot but will split if needs be :)

1 x chimay = $10

1 x duvel = $10

1 x rochefort = $10

1 x pilsner urquell = $10

1 x grolsh ( not in pic, 25cl flute style) = $10

2 x lowenbrau = $10

1 x mega stein paulaner = $10

or as i would prefer $50 for the job lot :) which is pretty good for 7 different glasses from the worlds top brewers !

local pick up only as postage would be a bitch package wise.
View attachment 56658

all are in perfect as new condition and have been very lovingly cared for over the past few years be yours truely :)
and i am very open to any barter/trade options ? be it beer or glassware mainly or a decent swollowing goat ?

Bah, snookered again.

Latest posts

Back