Beer Glass Obsession

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice score Ross, the Mrs was complaining yesterday how your schooners don't quite do it for her, would have jumped on these.

:beer:

hey uncle perry, if it eases the pain there is several pannepots in transit to this part of the world as we speak :ph34r:

i am sure a tasting session will be arranged on arrival mate :icon_cheers:

luv ya work ross, pm me for pick up and that mate, i at carseldine .

Ooooooh nice one :icon_cheers:

Nice big 500ml Erdinger glass that they have been handing out free in Gympie of all places, got myself two of the dudes.

Oh I'll head back next time I'm in town for another ;)

DSCF2802.JPG

batz

Mmmm you can make a nice Heffe now Batz :p

Whilst I can't boast much of a collection, how many of you guys have a boot to drink from?

IMAG0099.jpg

Mmmm you can make a nice Heffe now Batz :p

Right into wheaties ATM Tony.

To tell the truth I love the Erdinger Dunkel. That's got not much Spam in it.

Sir bats you have such a nice glass but .... you now need the upgrade

View attachment 56670

fuks me when they had the big party but i do know they have these cooler glasses mmmmm

must say i only got mine two week ago from the redlands of all places !

where about they got these batz?

Thirsty Camel on River Rd (Bruce Hwy), after a gee up they have added to their beer range. Currently Stone & Wood Pacific Ale, Erdinger - Wiessbier, Dunkel and Pikantus.

By the way they also have some of the 125 Jahre glasses on offer.

Ask for Scott, or Georgy

Screwy

Thirsty Camel on River Rd (Bruce Hwy), after a gee up they have added to their beer range. Currently Stone & Wood Pacific Ale, Erdinger - Wiessbier, Dunkel and Pikantus.

By the way they also have some of the 125 Jahre glasses on offer.

Screwy

There goes tomorrows post :lol:

I like the boot glasses & I recognise a fair few of those guiness, smithwicks harp glasses from when they were in circulation, I gave away my glass collection when I moved to Oz, only one I kept was a Carlsberg Viking horn, not including the Scottish 80/s

80_Shilling.JPG

Whilst I can't boast much of a collection, how many of you guys have a boot to drink from?

View attachment 56668

I have two, a big one like this and a little one as well.
I also have one of those viking horn ones shown above...

Silly to give them away when you moved to Oz Father Jack, I lost only one in transit, and that was my fault, and I had a duplicate anyway :)

I'm still adamant I'm not a collector but I might have to give away that fantasy soon...

I like the boot glasses & I recognise a fair few of those guiness, smithwicks harp glasses from when they were in circulation, I gave away my glass collection when I moved to Oz, only one I kept was a Carlsberg Viking horn, not including the Scottish 80/s

View attachment 56674

bit early for the Scottish ale even for a priest.....

lol Bob, the sun sets in the west...can't you tell!

PS dare I ask what you do when you've got a horn in your hand :eek:

Just waiting for someone to come up with the Cinderella Story behind those glass boots:

I staggered out of a pub on the stroke of midnight, the bell tolled & I swayed quickly toward the souvlaki van, next morning woke up with only one boot on & to find beside me....?

aaah yes i definitely have an addiction (well if you ask 'The Minister' it's an addiction, I prefer to use the term "healthy interest")

South Aussie brewers may understand my listing better... all op-shop / garage sale finds

1 Dozen Schutzenfest steins (all glass) - i've only been to one Schitzenfaced so one was obtained at the event the rest are opshops..

1 Dozen Pint glasses

1 Dozen Schooner glasses

1 Dozen Butcher's

and a few randoms... but my OCD tendancies prefer full sets of matching stuff!

Nice big 500ml Erdinger glass that they have been handing out free in Gympie of all places, got myself two of the dudes.

Oh I'll head back next time I'm in town for another ;)

View attachment 56667

batz
A couple of years ago you could walk out of a number of Newcastle pubs with one of those for free, but some pubs had security :lol:

I bought 2 boxes of them for about $20 from one of the local Bottle-o's before they added other glass styles and realised they could easily convince dumb punters to part with $10+ per glass. Pretty sure they get most (if not all) of the glasses in the bottleshop as promotional items. I suppose it all helps the bottom line.

haha yes i have an obsession like that also,

4x pilsner glasses
4x pilsner glasses (different type)
2x Goblet Style (op shop)
6 x different types of german stein glasses
6 x belgian ale glasses
6 x Cuvee Style Glasses
3 x rather large beer jugs ( for decanting )

and here is the best part,
NO SCHOONER GLASSES, i have never really liked them in my collection. not a fan

the funny thing is these are all in my beer fridge door ( except the stein glasses ), just incase i have 30 friends rock up for a beer. hahahaha

cheers jake.

Just picked up this tankard in an op shop for 20 cents :blink:

I wonder has it anything to do with Bayside Brewers; Oktoberfest comp/festival?

IMG_1311.JPG

looks like one I had from a number of years ago at an Octoberfest at the showgrounds...

How I didnt fall off the pole that night I will never know but I think I still have a flag somewhere with that logo :lol:

ed: schpling

Latest posts

Back