Beer Glass Obsession

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just picked up this tankard in an op shop for 20 cents :blink:

I wonder has it anything to do with Bayside Brewers; Oktoberfest comp/festival?

View attachment 57639

I have an almost identical one i got from the wollongong ofest a few years ago, except for the "10 year anniversary" bit. Got a few of them, from before they banned the glass ones and bought in the plastic ones. The one litre one sits in my fermenting fridge with my temp probe hahah.

looks like one I had from a number of years ago at an Octoberfest at the showgrounds...

How I didnt fall off the pole that night I will never know but I think I still have a flag somewhere with that logo :lol:

ed: schpling

so you're telling me, I just wasted 20c ... far out like a brussel sprout.

so you're telling me, I just wasted 20c ... far out like a brussel sprout.

Nah, yours has the ''10 year anniversary" bit, gotta bump it to 22 or 23c, a handy profit :D . They're good glasses, though they got banned because some drunk bogan decided to belt another drunk bogan with one of the 1litre ones a few years ago. I could be wrong, and it's probably an insurance thing, but that did happen. Was probably going to happen anyway sooner or later, which is a shame.

Nah, yours has the ''10 year anniversary" bit, gotta bump it to 22 or 23c, a handy profit :D . They're good glasses, though they got banned because some drunk bogan decided to belt another drunk bogan with one of the 1litre ones a few years ago. I could be wrong, and it's probably an insurance thing, but that did happen. Was probably going to happen anyway sooner or later, which is a shame.

well if the glass was thick enough it wouldnt shatter and cause lacerations. plastic is more dangerous; the beer could get warm.

I have two, a big one like this and a little one as well.
I also have one of those viking horn ones shown above...

Silly to give them away when you moved to Oz Father Jack, I lost only one in transit, and that was my fault, and I had a duplicate anyway :)

I'm still adamant I'm not a collector but I might have to give away that fantasy soon...

Yes I am an obsessed brewer and have a range of boots including a Tamworth music festival boot of about 500ml size as well as liquer spirit shot glasses, being called cowboy requires a cowboy boot to match hehe

well if the glass was thick enough it wouldnt shatter and cause lacerations. plastic is more dangerous; the beer could get warm.

Precisely the problem. Serious head injury. You'd have to hit the 1 litre ones with a mack truck to smash em haha. But I agree, im more worried about ensuring cold lager on a (guaranteed to be) hot n humid day!!

Im a tad obsessed with belgian beers and the glass collection is starting. I built this in anticipation for when they get here lol
207903_10151076044967947_1685485811_n.jpg

nice Bruce, simple & elegant, understated in a classical way.

personally i'd have been inclined to make an inner groove with a chisel or some other intricate inlayed design, but I really like the template very much, great job; well done & thanks for sharing.

Latest posts

Back