Beer Engine

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randyrob

Halfluck Brewing
Reaction score
Bulk Buy anyone?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/5-TRADITIONAL-CASK-B...1QQcmdZViewItem

i may be able to organise free postage if anyone is seroius?

i'm keen on possibly grabbing the John Smith's One :beerbang:

Rob.

edit. postage will be from the uk to perth australia, if you can't pick it up locally then any furher costs will be at your expence. if it's possible they will be comming via a shipping container i'm not even sure if they will charge taxes etc?

Rob.

Hey, I'm very interested but ignorant as to how they work. Never seen one of them in operation before. i'd probably only be after 1 or 2 if you could give me brief run down on them that would be tops

Rob

I would be interested if you could organise free postage. I was looking at just one and the freight was going to cost 60 quid.

Keep me in the loop, I dont mind paying a reasonable freight.

Tipsy

we will need a cask breather also, we should get them shipped at the same time, they are about 18quid from scotbev.

I got a few shipped over a couple of years back and got mauled.

The shipping itself is the cheap part, the expensive part is the clearances, taxes, documentation fees and wharfie luxury car surcharges that you get slugged with at this end - and if quarantine decide they don't like the look of them that'll cost extra too.

I got them shipped over 'for free' and paid $500 ('for cash') at this end, without any quarantine probs - but if there are any cobwebs on them for example AQIS could take issue.

Your milage may vary, but be prepared.

I got a few shipped over a couple of years back and got mauled.

The shipping itself is the cheap part, the expensive part is the clearances, taxes, documentation fees and wharfie luxury car surcharges that you get slugged with at this end - and if quarantine decide they don't like the look of them that'll cost extra too.

I got them shipped over 'for free' and paid $500 ('for cash') at this end, without any quarantine probs - but if there are any cobwebs on them for example AQIS could take issue.

Your milage may vary, but be prepared.

Thanks for the heads up Wortgames.

they will be travelling in a shipping container along with a load of house items. e.g. a friend is moving here from the uk, will this make a differance?

how did you get yours over?

Cheers Rob.

I'd be interested but I can't see it getting past finance control :(

Well if you can get them to AU in someones house moving container then you'd stand a good chance of getting them in without any taxes.

And I'd definatly be up for one.

Dunno if I should say 'just hold that discussion a moment' or 'watch this space.'

Am working on this very problem of demand and supply at the moment, will keep the AHB updated is probably the best thing to advise.

Scotty

That sounds brilliant ///!

Look forward to hearing what you have install

Bulk Buy anyone?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/5-TRADITIONAL-CASK-B...1QQcmdZViewItem

i may be able to organise free postage if anyone is seroius?

i'm keen on possibly grabbing the John Smith's One :beerbang:

Rob.

edit. postage will be from the uk to perth australia, if you can't pick it up locally then any furher costs will be at your expence. if it's possible they will be comming via a shipping container i'm not even sure if they will charge taxes etc?

Rob.

you've got to buy them first ;) ... but if you get them & can ship with someones removal container, you're laughing - You won't have any problem selling them here.

Cheers Ross

When I came home from London, I shipped a few tea chests back via Seven Seas Worldwide shipping. http://www.sevenseasworldwide.com

If you can organise someone to pack the beer engine in one of these, you'll get it home for less than 90 quid (about $213) in about 9 weeks (probably sooner). Customs forms are lodged with the package, as it's door to door, but you can opt for a "door to depot", which means you collect it at the port. These types of deliveries are not subject to customs forms etc.

See here for details. (Scroll down to the door-to-depot definition. I had no problems with this shipping company at all, but there's dozens of them operating in London, catering for the antipodean travellers who have accumulated too much crap.

Cheers.

EDIT: I just realised this little addition to her listing: "I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO END THIS AUCTION EARLY AS I DO HAVE THEM ADVETISED ELSWERE."

Surely that's against eBay rules? You might end up with nothing on this one...

Hi Randyrob.

Definitely interested, over on the east like OldBugman so it will depend on freight etc. As Ross has hinted, these will probably end up going for a fair whack. I wouldn't be surprised if 100 quid+.
Let me know if you are going to proceed and I'll do some digging on cost to get them to Sydney from you.
You wont have a problem getting rid of them here for sure as they are a pain to get out here.
When I got married last year I got my best man to bring one that I bought on eBay. After many phone calls, emails and nervous eBay watching finally purchased one - it weighed a tonne and filled half his suitcase but it got here. Imagine my distress when I realised it was one of those faux pumps for serving kegged beer. Aggggghhhhhh! I felt (and still feel) like a plonker for not checking properly but time was running out as my mates flight drew closer.

It had a piston thingy but this was just a complicated way of engaging the keg when the handle was pulled. These defo look the real deal though, helps to have a photo of them from the back and you can see the 'much larger' piston.
Happy bidding

Hi Randyrob.

Definitely interested, over on the east like OldBugman so it will depend on freight etc. As Ross has hinted, these will probably end up going for a fair whack. I wouldn't be surprised if 100 quid+.
Let me know if you are going to proceed and I'll do some digging on cost to get them to Sydney from you.
You wont have a problem getting rid of them here for sure as they are a pain to get out here.
When I got married last year I got my best man to bring one that I bought on eBay. After many phone calls, emails and nervous eBay watching finally purchased one - it weighed a tonne and filled half his suitcase but it got here. Imagine my distress when I realised it was one of those faux pumps for serving kegged beer. Aggggghhhhhh! I felt (and still feel) like a plonker for not checking properly but time was running out as my mates flight drew closer.

It had a piston thingy but this was just a complicated way of engaging the keg when the handle was pulled. These defo look the real deal though, helps to have a photo of them from the back and you can see the 'much larger' piston.
Happy bidding

100 quid wouldn't be too bad thats only $50ea+whatever still very cheap in my opinion.

i know exactly what you mean about the fake-real looking ones i'm also having a hard time desifering between em for example:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Traditional-Beer-Eng...1QQcmdZViewItem

says traditional but doc pointed out to me it didn't look like it even had an engine which i think he's right!

where as these 5 listed on the top post look to be the real deal out of actual pubs! i've flicked the guy a few emails and he suggests 75 quid to post within england. so even if that is the case it still looks to be around
$90 a piece, i don't know about anyone else but i'm pretty happy with that lets see how the auction goes....

Rob.

Agree, if I can get one of reasonable condition (that actually works!!!) for around ~$150 I'll be happy.

cheers
Jon

I actually recently got a quote to have one sent over here. think it was 90 pound.

~240$ from memory

I actually recently got a quote to have one sent over here. think it was 100 pound.

~240$ from memory

hmm... i just got an email from the seller:

"rob if you are interested let me no mate becouse ive got one bloke who has just uped is offer to 150 for them"

hmm... that seems a bit wierd and i think he's just fishing, if someone has just upped the offer it sure doesn't show on ebay!

Rob.

If you can organise free shipping to Perth and they end up less than $120ea, count me in for one. Would prefer a 1/4 pint draw, non-swan neck. Not concerned with the brand/clip, it's not difficult to replace. The black handled one looks perfect thanks :)

If you can organise free shipping to Perth and they end up less than $120ea, count me in for one.

Me too! I already have the cask breather, just need the engine. Not so concerned about 1/4 pint pull. I notice those go for a lot more on ebay than the standard 1/2 pint.

Latest posts

Back