• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Beer Bottles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kuibrew

Reaction score
Hi
Looking to buy beer bottles for a 110L brew ..... Willing to buy up your surplus "empties" otherwise shall buy new bottles if caught short. Sorry we are not interested in kegs etc
Based in the NW Melbourne reservation of Greenvale

Hi
Looking to buy beer bottles for a 110L brew ..... Willing to buy up your surplus "empties" otherwise shall buy new bottles if caught short. Sorry we are not interested in kegs etc
Based in the NW Melbourne reservation of Greenvale
Have a mate in watsonia with lots of empties in his back yard if you want them? Mix of corona and carlton, plenty more in the future too
20190713_114149_HDR.jpg

Has he got a guard dog ? ....fantabuloso .....how do I contact him ?
Many thanx for reaching out ....
Cheers Indeed !!!
PS: just a thought ...but we are really after 660 or 750ml bottles ....beggars cannot be that choosey .

Last edited:
Has he got a guard dog ? ....fantabuloso .....how do I contact him ?
Many thanx for reaching out ....
Cheers Indeed !!!
PS: just a thought ...but we are really after 660 or 750ml bottles ....beggars cannot be that choosey .
No worries at all, ill pm you his number shortly. Probably has plenty more than in the pic, was a couple weeks ago now

Your job description does you justice "Parts manager " .naturally I'm impressed

I have about 60+ Long necks your welcome to take off of my hands. I keg now, and would still have enough left over for my own needs.
I'm based in Collingwood. You're welcome to grab them on the weekend.

My gratitude goes out to " Bumpoh " for his generous efforts in supply .

Corona, clear glass, beware the "light strike" may not be an issue for you, just thinking out loud.
When we started to brew we bought 660ml bottles made in china ,sure enough crack after crack whilst priming the 2nd fermentation now we know why Coopers bottles are respected

Last edited:
There's "single use" and then there's reusable, coopers long necks are designed to be reusable, then of course you have the pet bottles if you're not going to age the beer.

We brew to drink...recently I have been asked how many bottles do you set aside ...I sort of look and think geee I'm a real boozer .....But I hear what your saying re Pet bottles ....

There's "single use"....
.... have the pet bottles if you're not going to age the beer.

I had a half dozen in pet bottles that sat in an old fridge for 5-7 years. . Still carbed and couldn't taste a difference to the couple glass...

I had a half dozen in pet bottles that sat in an old fridge for 5-7 years. . Still carbed and couldn't taste a difference to the couple glass...
Coopers state on their web site that any beer destined to be aged for more than 12 months should be put into glass rather than PET, they don't explain why.
I think it has something to do with gas transmission (oxygen getting in) and therefore staling of the beer, we know oxygen gets past the seal on crown bottle tops but maybe it's more of a problem with PET, that being said depending on style it may be advantageous to have some oxygenation happening, a big stout with port/sherry tones comes to mind. Or maybe it has to do with alcohol content, it's fairly safe to assume a beer going down for more than a year aging will be 8% abv or bigger and perhaps that level of alcohol has some leaching or other effect on the PET over time. I dunno, I'm a kegger and only really bottle big stuff, and for that I use champagne bottles and tirage caps. Hopefully one of the guru's here can enlighten us about PET.

I’d be interested in why PET is to be avoided for ageing longer than 12 months. I’ve got an 8% coffee and cocoa nibs stout partly in glass bottles and partly in plastic at the moment.

I’d be interested in why PET is to be avoided for ageing longer than 12 months. I’ve got an 8% coffee and cocoa nibs stout partly in glass bottles and partly in plastic at the moment.
Water from artesian wells is hundreds of thousands years old but as soon as it is put in a PET bottle it has a use by date.
A bit like a Cheddar which has been aged for years has a short use by date when packaged.

Have submitted the question to Coopers, be interesting to see their response, will put it here if they respond.

I find brewers like yourself fascinating by how the imagination comes up with such concoctions ......I did chuckle thinking if you owned a toothbrush ! yet interesting idea to use Coffee beans ....Ethiopian. or from Burundi ? or just Nescafe blend 35 haaaa besides my theme was beer bottles ....hilarious

Latest posts

Back