Beef Steak, Whats Your Favourite?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pity you live so far away, I'd crawl through a field of nettles to get the beef suet off that old girl.

Being somewhat Paleo I love the less common cuts, just cleaned my butcher out of lamb neck today for my beautiful convict stew - neck chops, onions, swede, celery, carrot and a couple of spices pressure cooked in a rich stock I make from lamb bones and offcuts slow cooked for three days.

On topic the Aldi Scotch Fillet steaks in packs of four are some of the best steaks I've eaten in years. Surprisingly. Big nugget of fat in the centre and cook medium rare :icon_drool2: :icon_drool2:

Prefer scotch fillet but as long as it's between raw and burnt to a crisp I'm happy.

Oh and I'm a fan of fattier cuts. Hello flavour

Hanger steak ie onglet is always a special treat for me. With green peppercorn cream sauce and chips.

+ 1 for the secondary cuts - cooked expertly.

In the US they are called Chef cuts, for two reasons; they are cheap and offer great value for restaurants and you need a good chef to prepare them properly.

Give me a slow braised beef cheek any day

Latest posts

Back