Beating Those Grains

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She still would look nice, even on me...

QldKev
:lol: She might... the pants.... not so much...

But I could say that about just about everyone on this board! (except you, Schooey... my number 2 best male prostitute, you sexy hunk of man candy!)

We like these short shorts

Shorts.jpg

erection.gif

i bet u those shorts would be HOT TO TROT on manticle...

Only on a fri night of course

Whilst riding that pushbike honey,,,,, hummphhh, you look soooo pretty.

something tells me we should take the the memories of kev`s ass and let this thread die.

Another reason is that Nick is a cock.

Calling yourself Bum and labeling other people "cocks" really makes me wonder about you, fella. :huh:

husk astringency for the win!!!
Here we go.

So on what basis are you suggesting astringency, is it personal experience ? Or just something you read somewhere and decided it would be your very own fun fact to regurgitate at will?

Remember, I don't advocate a coffee-grinder crack, for other reasons than yours, but the person doing this reports no such astringency issues. Is actual experience from another brewer not enough for you to accept that your theoretical musings may be off the mark? Or are there deeper ramifications being shot out willy-nilly between the lines, in that he truly is getting astringency issues but is too inexperinced a beer taster to recognise them ? For those who have previously stated astringency in coffee grinder cracks AS FACT, how many have actually brewed a full batch with this method to confirm it?

Here we go.

So on what basis are you suggesting astringency, is it personal experience ? Or just something you read somewhere and decided it would be your very own fun fact to regurgitate at will?

Remember, I don't advocate a coffee-grinder crack, for other reasons than yours, but the person doing this reports no such astringency issues. Is actual experience from another brewer not enough for you to accept that your theoretical musings may be off the mark? Or are there deeper ramifications being shot out willy-nilly between the lines, in that he truly is getting astringency issues but is too inexperinced a beer taster to recognise them ? For those who have previously stated astringency in coffee grinder cracks AS FACT, how many have actually brewed a full batch with this method to confirm it?

You're not seriously trying to resurrect this thread are you??!!

Not that this is an old thread - perhaps I should have used the word 'salvage'

I just find it amusing that bobbydizzle is still trying to argue when this thread has long been de-railed..

Here we go.

I'm not going to be contributing to the downward spiral of arguments in this thread, but I'm pretty sure he was referring to Nick's method, not the crush. There is no effect on astringency from breaking the husks up. Hell, my marga mill tears husks all the time. Astringency is extracted from the husks by either trying to wash out too many sugars from the mash, or from heating the mash over a certain threshold temperature, which I can't remember off hand but it's something like 76degreesC... Those are scientific facts that have been tested and confirmed numerous times by scientists and homebrewers alike. The trick to information on forums is to do your own research and find the members that are experienced and trustworthy.... then follow their advice, because they have made the mistakes most of us have yet to make, or are making right now, and have figured out how to correct them. It's all about trust rings. Find someone you trust, and the people they trust... or just go out and make all your own mistakes... the truth is, some people just have to learn the hard way, out of shear arrogance or just plain stupidity.

edit: speeling

Darren -> Daz -> Dazza -> Dazzler -> Boobiedazzler

It's Teh Internets, play any persona you choose.

PS, I love conspiracies :)

He hasn't rubbished BIAB yet so I think he's someone else, unless he's deliberately dissembling. (love that word - it's in all the Robert Ludlum novels) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back