Beating Those Grains

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then go out and burn all the books that say things you don't like.

It's so easy to wind you clowns up.

The only clown is you mate :) . Besides what pleasure or benefit can you get from stirring the pot?

Put some of your "beer" on the table and then lets discuss how great and innovative you think you are.

I've seen my name mentioned in the same sentence as the word trendsetter - I'm nothing of the sort.

The 25,000 views of that thread are not due to any originality on my part. The only original thing I did was remove the words "sparge", "tun", "grist" etc and replace them with words like, "bung", "hole" and "bucket".

Ha ha, ha you said hole
beavis-and-butthead.jpg

Besides what pleasure or benefit can you get from stirring the pot?

I find it aids in forming a kind of whirlpool to remove the hops and other break material at the end of the boil... ;) :)

Right now, I am giving a big thumbs up for my own discovery of having a pre-existing peice of apparatus that will no doubt become my new friend on a brewday prep.

0865.jpg

<br /><br /><br />

I'm glad you commented, it's certainly given me some much-required guidance, and I'm much richer for experiencing your words.

Clearly you dont need the guidance... You know it all...

Me, Nick and other trendsetters really should have our own subforum here called "New Dogs, New Tricks, Beyond Tomorrow" so the old-schoolers know exactly where not to click when surfing the forum. Really, we're just wasting your time with this kooky talk of reinventing the wheel. Our shitty, undrinkable pillowcase beer is a testament to that.

Hmmm, maybe you shouldn't put yourself in the ranks of ppl like Nick... His informative posts (albeit the right or the wrong method 'traditionally') are helpful, yours is not... PS, you didn't slip that trick into the OP, you cocked up??!! PPS, you're a twat mate!!!

Do you pull yourself with your right hand or your left when you think someone's shirty on a different computer?

WRONG ! I am not built like you blokes. I am a lady. Well, very vague terminology, but i dont have one of those playthings of my own to love and to stroke like you do, Manticle.

I came here to meet like-minded males but very quickly determined that there are so many self-righteous assholes amongst you, that I figured this was the way to behave here. Sadly the rules of rudeness only apply to established members. Another example of the sheer gaul here is that I received a 600+ word essay from an established member basicaly belittling NickJD to me in private. Why should I be advised with so many words on how to think about another member ? It all seemed a bit sneaky to me - why should one member be advised in private on another member's MO, strictly the opinion of the author of course ? The member nor the words ever need to become public, but I suspect the author will feel the need to defend them (but seriously, buddy, you dont have to)

I really thought there would be some cool guys here, and while there are a few, the KNOB quotent is very high as well.

Keep having fun pulling each other off.

We didn't want you in our He-man Woman Haters Club anyway.

It does explain the ardent desire to use kitchen implements to make beer though.

WRONG ! I am not built like you blokes. I am a lady. Well, very vague terminology, but i dont have one of those playthings of my own to love and to stroke like you do, Manticle.

I came here to meet like-minded males but very quickly determined that there are so many self-righteous assholes amongst you, that I figured this was the way to behave here. Sadly the rules of rudeness only apply to established members. Another example of the sheer gaul here is that I received a 600+ word essay from an established member basicaly belittling NickJD to me in private. Why should I be advised with so many words on how to think about another member ? It all seemed a bit sneaky to me - why should one member be advised in private on another member's MO, strictly the opinion of the author of course ? The member nor the words ever need to become public, but I suspect the author will feel the need to defend them (but seriously, buddy, you dont have to)

I really thought there would be some cool guys here, and while there are a few, the KNOB quotent is very high as well.

Point is you seem to have started acting like one.

I couldn't give a rat's arse about your PMs - that's between you and whoever sent it.

Most people here just want to talk about beer, make better beer and help others make better beer. Nothing else to prove. It's an online community and like any single other one you'd care to name there'll be some self righteousness, dick pulling and all round shitty human behaviour. There'll also be some good stuff.

Apologies for getting your gender wrong - usually I don't assume but the question stands. Getting excited about 'winding clowns up' by acting like a tit is not the most worthwhile pursuit in the world.

The first half dozen responses to your OP were polite and informative and I suggest quite patient; you replies could at best be regarded as hostile.

If youre unhappy with the treatment you received - you can only blame yourself.

MHB

That would have been me then -- feel free to publicly post what I sent you in private. I stand by what I said in any medium you care to name and wont bother to defend my words.. they can stand for themselves.

My only regret is not recognising you for what you are - and feeling the need to send you any communication at all. Misunderstanding rectified now.

Please don't let this be a case of once bitten twice shy, Thirsty. Your detailed input here is absolutely invaluable.

Yes, I'm derailing this into another love thread.

oh hell no....

I am a loud mouthed, opinionated arrogant twat in love with his own opinion - its going to take a hell of a lot more than that to shut me up. A solid blow to the head perhaps (no doubt well deserved)

Thanks though.

Well if bum's turning this into another love thread let me be the first to second his statements
thirsty don't let anything stop sending pm's or replying to them the one pm that I sent you I got an astounding response which really helped me get my head around the topic

thanks mate for all your help

cheer's Steve

Third to that. We might have a differing opinion from time to time, but it has always been respected and indeed reciprocated.

Oh wait, I thought someone else had the essay market all sewn up? Not likely...!!! :p

I've been on the receiving end of a Thirsty Boy mega PM.... Can't remember what it was about... But I want in on this love fest.

:wub: :party:

I was just getting a lollie out of our lollie jar, and I found this:

103_1050.JPG

I'm not joking, this is meant to be a lollie. My missus is still pissing herself laughing.
I didn't know where to post it, but this thread seemed the best place.
Anyone who reads through this whole thing is surely going to need a laugh.

Cheers, John.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back