Beating Those Grains

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Similarity to bobiedazzler (Puss oozing from a sore that just wont heal)

Some guys know nothing and learn.

Some guys know nothing and move on.

Some guys know nothing and never learn.

Some guys use the name bobiedazzler.

Sarcasm font is so good. :icon_cheers:

Darren -> Daz -> Dazza -> Dazzler -> Boobiedazzler

It's Teh Internets, play any persona you choose.

PS, I love conspiracies :)

don't mention no chill & botulism what ever you do!!!!

Insert Flying Spaghetti Monster here ------>
fsm.jpg

It was wrongly assumed that this forum had many members that are serious CRAFT brewers at home, and not just crafty hobby homebrewers. My mistake.

It was wrongly assumed that you could act like a wanker and people would still take you seriously. Your mistake.

great thread by the way. Well done.

As has been pointed out repeatedly in this thread, you haven't re-invented the wheel, nor have you endeared yourself to many people with your aggressive responses. The first few posts were very much trying to help/inform you, but were taken as insults, and subsequently insults were fired back.

Most of the brewers that have been around this forum for a long time are very serious about brewing. It's just certain newer brewers who come on here, ask basic questions without searching, or sprout 'gospel truths' about techniques that have been proven to be detrimental to the end product, who are really bringing things down.

What really pisses a lot of us off, is the way in which answers to questions are being either disregarded completely (despite their being evidence to support them), or taken as a personal attack.

Now, just because I've posted this response in this particular thread isn't just a swipe at you, it's at all the people who frequently come on here to either troll, or fling shit at people just for a 'laff'.

Grow up and get over yourselves, all of you! This board used to be about great brewing knowledge, fantastic camaraderie, InCider and Chappo's frivolous posting, and a fantastic (if not slightly sick and twisted) sense of humour. I miss that, as I'm sure a lot of you do.

Might be time to head out to pasture with Butters and PistolPatch........

Rant over.

Cheers.

I was just getting a lollie out of our lollie jar, and I found this:

View attachment 39349

I'm not joking, this is meant to be a lollie. My missus is still pissing herself laughing.
I didn't know where to post it, but this thread seemed the best place.
Anyone who reads through this whole thing is surely going to need a laugh.

Cheers, John.

Gold
And boobybobbywhateverthefuckyouare

Good thread, totaly uninformative, silly, shows you didnt use the search function or are uncapable of doing so. You have managed to wind a lot of respected brewers up, so have a go at me, please ..............................

It was wrongly assumed that this forum had many members that are serious CRAFT brewers at home, and not just crafty hobby homebrewers. My mistake.
AH Huh!! Your mask has been unveiled! It is GLS posing as a girl! (the posing part may be questionable)

Only if he's been being tutored in his absence.

It does expose "her" as a non-n00b, though.

I really wanted to contribute something meaningful to this thread.

I've got nothing.

Mantis is a big girl's blouse.

Hmmmm.... Perhaps I've succeeded?

You have managed to wind a lot of respected brewers up, so have a go at me, please
Self Proclaimed respect now? It doesnt surprise me. Do you get your own trophies made up too? Theres the swipe you were beggin me for. Happy now you have baited me?

shows you didnt use the search function or are uncapable of doing so
And what should I have used the search function for, my first post didn't ask any questions.

All this carry in this thread on that advice is being given by novices is also very barbed. And very unfair considering I do know quite a bit about the fundamentals of processes Sure I said 'wheat husk' but any sane person would realise that despite the unprecise terminology, the gist of the statement in context made it apparent what I was on about. If I had said shell or coating or whatever it would have been the same thing. Obviously wheat grain needs to be cracked in much the same way barley grain needs to be cracked. That was the context, and it's unlikely that my comment of 'wheat husk' in the spirit of the thread is unlikely to send novice brewers in the wrong direction and result in bad information that will affect their brewday.

bum said:
It does expose "her" as a non-n00b, though

Who said I was a n00b? I have been brewing for years, longer than you for all we know. As usual, people assume experience in the craft based on post counts. Thats one of my main gripes.

what i have learned: you can chuck grains in a blender, coffee grinder, hell you might as beat them with the egg beater. OR you can order grain cracked!!!! fuk i have cracked it boys. So if we put the whole debate about wether puting grain in a blender is any good. I ask why would you want to do this, when you can just order your grain cracked. But if it floats your boat to do so go for it, and we thankyou for sharing your expetise in this matter.

I think it's safe to say that this thread has gone so far off topic that it is no longer relevant to the original post and is starting to get a little too personal, as such,
ThreadClosed400.jpg

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back