Basic Brewing Radio Vs Brewing Network

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What podcasts do you like to listen to

• Basic Brewing Radio

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brewing Network

• Other - please specify in post

• All podcasts relating to brewing possible

• Total voters

Kleiny

There is no Charge for Awesomeness
Reaction score
I recently got an ipod and started downloading podcasts

I drive an hour each way to work 4 days a week so i get through a few podcasts a week and i find myself skipping Basic brewing radio podcasts unless James has a guest on who will liven the interview up a bit. The Brewing Network seems to fill in my time better covering some technical aspects but having a joke at the same time with a more open forum style of podcast.

Does any body else join my view.

Sorry to James Spencer if you read this (just my view i like the content, just not the single interviewer style).

Kleiny

I recently got an ipod and started downloading podcasts

I drive an hour each way to work 4 days a week so i get through a few podcasts a week and i find myself skipping Basic brewing radio podcasts unless James has a guest on who will liven the interview up a bit. The Brewing Network seems to fill in my time better covering some technical aspects but having a joke at the same time with a more open forum style of podcast.

Does any body else join my view.

Sorry to James Spencer if you read this (just my view i like the content, just not the single interviewer style).

Kleiny

I listen to both pretty routinely. I quite like both - I find both have a lot to offer and are pretty different styles.

If I had to choose between the two, it would be BN... but like you I travel an hour each way, 5 days a week, so I have plenty of time to share the love :icon_cheers:

Brendo

anyone got some links to where i can access these brewing podcasts? :D first iv heard about them, sounds great!

anyone got some links to where i can access these brewing podcasts? :D first iv heard about them, sounds great!

I get them off itunes but if you google the Brewing Network or Basic Brewing Radio you will be able to access thme through there

BN all the way, I have not been listening to the Sunday Session show as regularly as I used to, but I love their "Can You Brew It" podcasts. Latest one was Rouge Dead Guy Ale. Top stuff that if you have tried it fresh on tap in the US.

DK

Big fan of the Brew Strong show... lots of detailed techy information...

also really like the Jamil Show - great for when you are brewing a style new to you.

+1 for Brew Strong and Jamil Show

Brew Strong for beer nerds and getting a bit more techincal about different brewing topics.

Jamil Show (and now Can you Brew it) great for info and tricks and tips about brewing to style. Makes a really good companion with the Brewing Classic Styles Book.

Cheers SJ

BBR for me. Don't have as much time to listen now as I have had in the past.

There is also an Australian brewing radio cast available.

I personally don't like the style but others may.

radio.craftbrewer.org

Brewing Network all the way... i find basic brewing to be at times, well 'basic' and bland. Comparitvly, brewing network is allot more technical. e.g. their water show aka waterganza Vs. The one basic brewing did blew them out fo the water (pun intended) and i think it involved John Palmer as well!

It seems the shows that have been producecd this season ('09) by basic brewing are really 'drawing straws'. Its like they have done everything else they can think of but some of their older shows are decent.

Never really listened to basic brewing. I really enjoy the BN though. Especially the Jamil show. Brew strong is usually interesting and informative also.

Yeah, cos you'll never get any pointless rambling on a BN podcast!! :rolleyes:

:lol:

Cheers SJ

What... you mean Jamil talking about punching people in their junk?? :rolleyes:

i thought that was an advanced mashing technique and I had simply missed the show...

What... you mean Jamil talking about punching people in their junk?? :rolleyes:

i thought that was an advanced mashing technique and I had simply missed the show...

Oh dear, this does not bode well for the up coming Biggest Brew Day!

Cheers SJ

found it on itunes and downloaded half dozen episodes to check it out.

Thanks

Hey howdie hey...

I like them all, there's always something (on long journeys...)

found it on itunes and downloaded half dozen episodes to check it out.

Thanks

As a commuter too, I really enjoy the podcasts, but will give BBR the nod over the BN. BBR is less about the personalities and more about the beer. I find Crafbrewer radio pretty hard to take at times.

cheers

grant

Back