Basic Brewing Radio Vs Brewing Network

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What podcasts do you like to listen to

• Basic Brewing Radio

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brewing Network

• Other - please specify in post

• All podcasts relating to brewing possible

• Total voters
BN by miles. I started listening to BBR, heaps of great info aquired vai James' podcast, however it was pretty dry stuff.

Kleiny, if ya like the session, have a listen to 'that other show' they do... off to lunch meeting now.

re craftbrewer
Graham Sanders routinely uses the word "pacifically" in stead of specifically, aka Kath and Kim

also pronounces Zymurgy as Zigamy, silly bugger amoungs other grammatical and dictatorial faux pars

I ahve always wondered whay those pair of douche's dont use this site.

anyway BN all the way, love thier humour

I ahve always wondered whay those pair of douche's dont use this site.

Sinkas... I have a theory on this one... I suspect the most egotistical brewer on the www is amongst us... look up some recent posts by a newish member "Townsville".

His patter and theories remind me VERY strongly of Mr Sanders... could be wrong of course, but suspect I am not.

There was a thread about cheap LPG fills and he was talking about doing fills directly off of an LPG bowser using a retrofitted device on larger tanks. Looks like the thread has been yanked (not surprising), but it was classic Craftbrewer Radio patter.

edit: more info

cue the Close Encounters of the 3rd kind music and would someone please get Robert Stack on the phone!! :D

Cheers SJ

(just released Robert Stack died in 2003)

I listen more to the BN than any other podcast. They are actually a live streaming radio station, so check out their website to see if any of the shows are on when you're home. The Sunday show is on 10am EST Mondays during Winter. Midday in NSW and VIC in Summer. You can participate in chat and call in with questions or comments.

Craftbrewer Radio is pretty entertaining. It took me a while to acquire the taste, but I listen to every episode as they are released now. They do have some good technical nuggets of information and plagiarise beer stories from elsewhere which help to fill in with beer news.

Basic Brewing Radio isn't my cup of tea. James does give some good info, but it's just too painfully dry for my liking.

I listen more to the BN than any other podcast. They are actually a live streaming radio station, so check out their website to see if any of the shows are on when you're home. The Sunday show is on 10am EST Mondays during Winter. Midday in NSW and VIC in Summer. You can participate in chat and call in with questions or comments.

Craftbrewer Radio is pretty entertaining. It took me a while to acquire the taste, but I listen to every episode as they are released now. They do have some good technical nuggets of information and plagiarise beer stories from elsewhere which help to fill in with beer news.

Basic Brewing Radio isn't my cup of tea. James does give some good info, but it's just too painfully dry for my liking.

Hey Josh, so who ate all the pies, anyway?

is there a way to load the downloaded podcasts onto AHB? we could have an archive and access them striaght off AHB.

Of course we'd have to check with Dane that the servers can cope with the extra storage requirements. Then we could listen to any of the mentioned brewing programs at our lesuire.

is there a way to load the downloaded podcasts onto AHB? we could have an archive and access them striaght off AHB.

Of course we'd have to check with Dane that the servers can cope with the extra storage requirements. Then we could listen to any of the mentioned brewing programs at our lesuire.
There's no need. Every episode of the Session, Jamil Show, Brew Strong and Lunch Meet are on the Brewing Network archives. The same with Basic Brewing Radio and Craftbrewer Radio. Even Brewcrazy can be found on itunes, dunno if they have a website cos I have only made it through one episode and it was awful.

BN ARMY FOR LIFE!!!

I actually listen to and appreciate both. As I am an avid Radio National listener I have no problem with James' dry delivery. But my first love is definitely the BN...it's all good...even that other show.

I even listen to the Great Guru of the North, and have learnt to laugh at his feable attempts at pronunciation (statistical is another one).

Addresses for the various podcast feeds are as follows (F@#$ iTunes Store):

Brewing Network - The Sunday Session
Brewing Network - The Jamil Show (Can You Brew It)
The Brewing Network - Brew Strong
The Brewing Network - that other show

Basic Brewing Radio
Basic Brewing Video

Random Ravings of the Great Guru of the North (Craftbrewer)

To subscribe to the feed in iTunes, copy the link location, then in iTunes Advanced->Subscribe to Podcast and paste the URL in the resulting dialog box.

Great idea CM....

Great idea CM....

Good idea, but rather unecessary... rss feeds (see above posts) are already available. Plugging these into iTunes or a similar rss tool will enable you to download them directly to your PC to be listened to at your leisure on your favourite device.

Rehosting them here only puts uncessary load on the servers.

A better idea would be to include links to the various RSS feeds for these shows as a resource article.

Just my 2c

Brendo

A better idea would be to include links to the various RSS feeds for these shows as a resource article.

Just my 2c

Brendo

Good idea. Just added the RSS feeds to the existing article on Brewing Podcasts, which is here. I was not the original author of the article, so I hope I haven't broken any codes of etiquette.

Also created a discussion thread for the article.

Just want to throw out a big "Thank You" to all you Aussies. :icon_chickcheers:

It's guys like you that made us truly international.

Makes Me proud... :D

Doc

BN Army for life!

Doc

BN Army for life!

Holy shit...welcome Doc!

/me prostrates

WE ARE NOT WORTHY!!!

I started out with Basic Brewing Radio but found The Brewing Network and have never looked back. Great to get the (almost) weekly dose of the Sunday Session.

Great info, great show ...

Doc

BN Army for life!

struth,a bloody yank on an aussie home brew site,well i'll be buggered.
jeez,this intranet thingo really is grouse,cor who woulda though....cheers.spog.... :icon_cheers:

Back