Ballarat Graduate Certificate Of Brewing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey shaunous,

Bachelor of Computer Science (RMIT). Been working in IT for 3yrs... would much rather brew :p

Sorry to bring back a thread almost 12 months old but........ anyone else applied for a 2014 start ?

They say on the website we will find out if we are in by 24 December..........

Fingers crossed!!

I'm a geology student at UB, actually its Federation University these days :blink: . The microbrewery is on the ground floor of our building, its such a tease!

After a 3 week trip around nsw and vic visiting many breweries along the way, I finally decided to bite the bullet and enrole in the graduate certificate course today through Federation University.

Aparently there may be still some places left.

Anyway, fingers crossed I get in for 2014.

After a 3 week trip around nsw and vic visiting many breweries along the way, I finally decided to bite the bullet and enrole in the graduate certificate course today through Federation University.

Good luck - hope you get in. I am looking forward to getting started with it

The Gas Man said:

Bugger, found out today I was to late. All spaces taken for 2014.

durham70 said:
Found out today - got in :)
Hey Mate,

How you finding the course. Have looked into this and would love to do it as well. Don't have a whole lot of chemistry knowledge though and will probably try do a few tafe courses in it chemistry if such a thing exists before I apply.

I applied but didn't make it in. I'm suspecting the fact I only have as far as an advanced diploma and not a degree held me back

Course hasn't really started yet - due to start this week but the organisation / communication so far hasn't been great.

Hoping it picks up.....

durham70 said:
Course hasn't really started yet - due to start this week but the organisation / communication so far hasn't been great.

Hoping it picks up.....
Welcome to UNI life!
I have done 2 degrees (both at Vic Uni) and communication was worse than you can imagine. Practical side of things was ok but orgisnation was shocking.
Its funny the first degree I did was straight out of secondary school and didnt realise how poor communication was now that im an "adult" I see how poor it was.

Good luck! I work with a bloke who has finished and said it was great, challenging but good.

Tex083 said:
Welcome to UNI life!
I have done 2 degrees (both at Vic Uni) and communication was worse than you can imagine. Practical side of things was ok but orgisnation was shocking.
True - maybe my expectations have moved but I don't remember my first degree (20 odd years ago) or my MBA which I did by distance learning (14 years ago) being so disorganised though !!!!

durham70 said:

Hoping it picks up.....
Hahaha Pete is dreadful with that sort of thing. Don't expect your assignments back in a hurry

Old thread and probably in the wrong subforum but didn't think it worth starting a new one..

Found out today that I got accepted for 2015, anyone else here starting as well?

I didnt bother trying this year. Did short course earlier in year and peter basically said i wouldnt get in as i dont have a degree in anything and wasnt working in brewing. He did say the course may change in a few years time to an undergrad course though

Yep, got in as well. Looking forward to it, haven't done any chem since first year uni (14 years ago) so have some work to do.

krausenhaus said:
Old thread and probably in the wrong subforum but didn't think it worth starting a new one..

Found out today that I got accepted for 2015, anyone else here starting as well?
Congratulations!

Would you mind sharing what pre-requisites you have? I'd love to do this in the future.

Thanks
Trev

Latest posts

Back